Light-O-Rama Forums

Song not showing

JimCanfield

I dl a song from i tunes, converted it to .WAV using audacity then saved it to my music folder and LOR audio folder. I can play the song in my music folder and in the LOR audio folder. I then click new sequence, select new musical sequence and then I get the list of where to get the song from. It is here where that song does not show up anywhere. I looked in both folders were they show up normally, but it does not show in the sequence editor.

It figures, I spend half an hour trying ot figure it out, then I ask here. Then I go back to it and I figure it out! It was never converted to .WAV. Thanks anyways!

Now even Audacity cannot play it. It opens the file and shows the waves but wen I click play is makes a ierd sound then nothing. Did I screw it up when trying to get it off of i tunes? Also I cannot get it off i tunes again, it is telling me that the original file is missing.

I tunes cannot find the song because you moved it to a new folder.

I do not know why audacity is not working.

I have had the same problem with LOR not seeing a file in the audio folder (using VISTA). What I found that I needed to do when opening the file was to go to my computer, then work my way into the correct LOR file in the LOR Folders as opposed to looking in the default folders via the LOR editor program.

It is weird, but my computer will see all files then.

If you can not see your file after looking for it after using this method, you may have purged the file.

Conduct a search of your computer for the music file and see where it is.

jim the easiest way I've found is to create a short cut on your desktop for both audio file and sequence file. than when you save or change any music ,put it on your desktop. than you'll know where the file is and where you want to put it

I certainly don't mean to be personal, but that can't be the way it should be. Why can't you put a file anywhere you want it to be? And find it anywhere you want to find it?

There must be something wrong somewhere if this is the way LOR2 is supposed to work.

evana wrote:

jim the easiest way I've found is to create a short cut on your desktop for both audio file and sequence file. than when you save or change any music ,put it on your desktop. than you'll know where the file is and where you want to put it

I know where the song is, it is in my music folder and in my audio folder in LOR. The problem is that that song does not show when I am using LOR to open it.

What is your operating system?

if I understand your post, when you are trying to create a new musical sequence, you are not able to see the new audio file in the LOR > Audio Folder? Is this correct?

It sounds like you have corrupted the song some how. If the problem is with this one song, perhaps you start over. Do you have a working copy of it?

That is what has me confused, I do have a working copy of it on my pc. I can play it on winamp and just tried to open it with Windows media player and could not find it so it must be corrupted. Must have done that while trying to convert it from i tunes to my pc.

JimCanfield wrote:

I know where the song is, it is in my music folder and in my audio folder in LOR. The problem is that that song does not show when I am using LOR to open it.

I did a little test by creating a text file and then renaming the file test.mp3. I wanted to see if only true audio files appear of if any file with an extension of an audio file would appear. I was able to see the file listed when I tried to create a new musical sequence so any file with a recognized extension is listed.

I would verify that you have the proper extension on the filename. Does Windows show you the file extension of all your files? If not, changing that will help alot with troubleshooting this type of problem. Maybe it has an extension that is unknown by LOR. I personally hate the Windows default of 'Hide extension of known filetypes' and I change it any PC's that I work on.

To change this in Windows open any folder on your computer and then from the menu bar choose 'Tools -> Folder Options...'. In that window choose the 'View' tab and then uncheck the box next to 'Hide extensions for known filetypes'.

tom.

JimCanfield wrote:

That is what has me confused, I do have a working copy of it on my pc. I can play it on winamp and just tried to open it with Windows media player and could not find it so it must be corrupted. Must have done that while trying to convert it from i tunes to my pc.

LOR uses the Windows Media Player for the audio, so it makes sense that if it won't play in WMP, it won't play in LOR.

JimCanfield wrote:

I was not aware of that, I will stop using winamp then.

Media Player 9 is the minimum requirement and why LOR states that the operating system must be 98SE or higher (because it has Media Player 9).

JimCanfield wrote:

it is listed as a .m4a.

Thanks Tom

Use your tunebite to convert your Itunes to a MP3 or Wav format. You should see the song after you move it into your default folder.

You will need to move it from the tunebite folder into the LOR folder after tunebite converts it.

Newer versions of tunebite will convert to either MP3 or wav.

hope this helps

OK, that makes sense now. M4A is actually the audio track of a MPEG movie. It is also Apples Lossless format. This song should play in Itunes.

Here is a free tool to convert to mp3 http://www.brothersoft.com/free-m4a-to-mp3-converter-71485.html

Oops. I missed the whole second page of responses!