• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• Denny

• cmoore60

• Owen Holman

Yes -- thanks for the update. Also appreciate you thinking of how to handle PC's not network connected for activation. The PC I use to run the show is an "old beater" running Windows ME. I am not even sure I can get it connected to a network or the internet.

Dan, Thanks again for the explanation. We'll be anxiously awaiting the release. I'm also glad that we won't have to have all the computers hooked up to the internet to activate. My show controller is also an "old" machine (a tank, but, old) and does not have a network card.
Take care.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope there is an option to extend the number of unique loads on a license (for a fee if necessary). I go through computers like crazy lately. I have 5 in the house and 4 of them have L-O-R loaded. I use which ever one the kids are not using. I seem to have to replace a computer every six to eight months or so. This gives me a 30-40 month useful life on each machine. It's really cutting into my Christmas display budget. :X

• 1 month later...

Dan, Thanks for the update. Please keep in mind that I (and others I presume) are starting to work on their sequences for the 2008 season.

The benefits of LOR II would be most helpful now. It LOR II isn't released until October or November, that will be too late for me to use this season.

P.S. I am in the software business, and I would be willing to help QA if needed.

Thank you,

Owen

Shreveport, LA

LORII/S2 is out now for those that own LORI. Dan said in this thread that the primary difference between the "formal" release and the S2 that is available for download now will be the Licensing stuff and some bug fixes. WHY what till the formal release.

S2 has been out actually since like Feb. There have been several updates to fix bugs that were not discovered in the beta phase. The current version 2.0.16 has an expiration date of Feb 2009.

Chuck

I thought I read something about fading twinkle and shimmer becoming availalbe in the S2 software.

Has anyone heard anything about this or was I confused ?

Harbs

At some point there will be a firmware upgrade for S2 that is supposed to update quite a few things. That has not been defined when it would be available. It was my impression that the fading for shimmer and twinkle was to be a part of this update.

Harbs,

Your not confused. Those effects take a firmware upgrade and Dan has not given a specific date for that release.

As best I can recall, it was said to be released in time for this year. BUT DO NOT hold me to that.

Chuck

I downloaded LOR II and upgraded, but I could not find the separate tracks that I was creating. I called LOR and asked about it and I was told that the "Full" features of V2 are "Locked" until LOR figures out a way to prevent piracy. (Yes I did purchase V1.0)

Is the fully featured LOR II available or not?

Was this the first time to download and installed a version of LORII?

Was the version you downloaded 2.0.16?

If this is the first time you installed LORII what are you calling tracks?

Cause LORII has an option to have tracks within sequences for allowing the seperation of display elements or seperate timings however you so choose to use them. If your talking about your sequences, the program may be pointing to different location. Depending on what revision of LORI you were running they may be in a different location. The later revisions of LORI that were compatable with VISTA moved the sequence and audio files to be under documents c:/documents and settings/all users/lightorama instead of c:/programs/lightorama/ I may have the exact location for the files under document incorrectly stated, but I know they are there.

Chuck

I downloaded and upgraded about 3 weeks ago, I verified that the version I am running is 2.0.16.

When I say tracks, I'm referring to the ability to have separate "areas" in one sequence that have different time divisions (beats) as indicated in the new features of LOR II.

Of course it is possible that I am not doing it correctly.

I just tried to add a track in 2.0.16 and it worked.

The steps I took were as follows.

1 open lorII version 2.0.16

2 select new sequence.

3.import my channel config

4. select edit, then add track

At step 4 it asked me how many channels to add to the track. and then boom I had a track

Chuck

Note that channels added in creating a new track should not have the same controller and channel as those in any other track.. In order to have the same channel in more than one track you must use "copy to other track" which shows up when you right click on a channel button...

- Kevin

Back with you, I followed your instructions. It did "create" the 2nd track but it looks like it replaced my "primary" track. I added a new track with 8 new channels. I expected to see my primary track at the top with my imported channels, and a new 2nd track at the bottom (or other window) with the new 8 channels.

I've check the view and preference tab to make sure that I'm no hiding the 1st track but didn't find anything that referred to that. I don't see the original. Its almost like the Add New Track function, replaced my current track.

Owen

Owen,

When you look at the right edge of your screen, do you see two sets of arrows that you can scroll up and down? One set will let you scroll between tracks and the other lets you scroll within the track that is visible.

Ahhhh... There they are! I missed the dual scroll bars until you pointed them out.

Problem solved, thank you so much for the assistance.

Owen

• 7 months later...

I really hope I can install S2 on up to five computers, because,

I have a sequencing computer (my main desktop at home.)

I have a laptop I take around with me, and sequence on the move.

I have my light show testing computer, I use throughout the year and,

I have my actual light show computer.

Yes I will be honest I have my S1 software on all of those computers. As long as I am not selling my software, I don't think their should be too restrictive limit.

My two cents.

If I need to purchase a second copy of the software so be it, $100 is not so bad....

So . . . are we now awaiting a "key coded licensed upgraded version" (and it's demo) due to be released before the expiration of S2 in June of 2009 and that those who already have the S2 software will get info on what to do before then?

I have the software on my desktop but also wish to install the software on 2 other computers (laptop (for portability) & a dedicated show computer). So when I get my "key code" will I be able to put the full version software on the laptop & show computers too?

I read in here somewhere that we will have 5 activations. Then I read that it was "all household computers". What is the rule right now before this new licensed version comes out?

I am thinking it best to wait for the "licensed" version 2 to be released but then again I'd be losing maybe a couple of month's sequencing time if I wait.

Did I make any sense? I've read so much on this forum about the new licensed version that I may be confused but I sure don't want to do anything wrong.