Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel order change after setting up configuration question

JPat

After setting up the original channel configuration, we realized the mini trees would be easier to manage by color rather than tree.  For example, the were originally set up as:  Tree 1 W1, Tree 1 R2, Tree 1 G3 (letters symbolize color and then continued through tree 6.  After doing so, we changed it to Tree 1 W1, Tree 2 W1, etc.....Tree 1 R2, Tree 2 R2 etc.... Tree 1 G3, Tree 2 G3 etc.

In the sequencer, these look to be in order but when I open the channel configuration table, I see they are still in order based on how they were first entered.

What would you guys suggest on how to fix this so channels are as displayed on the main page of the sequencer?

8 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Did you change the channel assignments as well as renaming them?

I am doing this with my daughter, and just happened to see this when I opened the config panel.  I have renamed the tree 1 white, tree 2 white ...etc in the sequence editor columns as displayed.  Can I simply change the channel in the config panel to correlate with the new order shown vertically in the sequencer, as this will make wiring to controller much easier.

If you saved the sequence with the new arrangement, then that is the channel configuration.

Now, if you want it that way for all your sequences, you have to export channel configuration. Then import it into the other sequences. (under edit).

Might want to save the first imported one under a different file name, until you see the changes you are doing - just to be sure you don't bomb yourself.

2 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

If you saved the sequence with the new arrangement, then that is the channel configuration.

Now, if you want it that way for all your sequences, you have to export channel configuration. Then import it into the other sequences. (under edit).

Might want to save the first imported one under a different file name, until you see the changes you are doing - just to be sure you don't bomb yourself.

Hmmm, so you can't click on the channel name in the sequence editor and reassign the channel number for each row effectively changing it to its new position orientation?

10 minutes ago, JPat said:

Hmmm, so you can't click on the channel name in the sequence editor and reassign the channel number for each row effectively changing it to its new position orientation?

You need to left click and hold down on the channel - then you can drag it where you want it. 

Name and orientation are two different animals. 

Edited by Mega Arch

Just now, Mega Arch said:

You need to left click and hold down on the channel - then you can drag it where you want it. 

That is what I am referencing, and was already done after the original order was set.  We moved them to desired position, but they are holding the original channel designation rather then new position.  I am seeking a way to change the channel association to match the new order in the sequence editor.

19 minutes ago, JPat said:

That is what I am referencing, and was already done after the original order was set.  We moved them to desired position, but they are holding the original channel designation rather then new position.  I am seeking a way to change the channel association to match the new order in the sequence editor.

That's correct.

To change the channel settings, left click on the name. It will bring up the channel settings box. From there you can change the unit and circuit that the name is tied to.

• The topic was locked