Light-O-Rama Forums

Lag when adding to existing sequence

Afilocamo

Hi guys -

This season I added an RGB sequence (made in superstar) from LOR to my existing sequence, however, I am now experiencing extreme lag and choppiness in my non-RGB products from last years display for example my arches and mega-trees are not running smoothly at all. I only experience the lag when I combine both sequences in sequence editor  

Does anyone have a fix for this? Perhaps I am not combining the sequences correctly?

any reply would be appreciated as our house-lighting is tonight!

this has to be done in Sequence Editor, SE; you do need another usb adapter from LOR, preferably the red high speed one; if you don't have a spare, this won't work; at least I don't know of another way: I always keep a few spare around just in case

as as debtoew mentioned,  perhaps the rgb would be better on an Aux A network instead; either way you may need to split your non-rgb and rgb up

BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES, MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS BACKED UP TO A SECURE LOCATION, OR FILES RENAMED, ETC

it gets a little complicated here(for me anyway)

when you load a sequence in SE; go to TOOLS, Channel Configuration;  as screen opens up with the current track, ie: track 1, what ever you named your tracks; (you'll need to change the controller in each track also;

say RGB-1 will need to be changed in track 1, track 2, etc.)

one of the tabs will display the current network, "Regular';

basically, you want to change say the rgb controllers to the Aux A network;

click on Change Controller; 

click on the controller to change, say RGB 1

click on Network, change from Regular to Aux A; click OK

do this for each Track so all the rgb controllers in that sequence will be on Aux A now.

Click ok on Channel Config

save Sequence to different name; say xxxxx-1; that way you don't overwrite your previous sequence;

Now you will need to change the Advanced LOR Network Configuration;

click Edit, Preferences, Network Preference;

I'm assuming your RGB controllers are LOR and not dmx, , locate the controllers you changed, say RGB 1

Change the Aux A to the correct, say com 3;(hardware utility should detect this) 

click apply, save; 

then try out that sequence;

The help files have some info on this, Aux network, networks, etc;

; last year I had to scramble to get this working but it was in October 

Before we get too far, what speed is your existing network, and is it operating in Enhanced mode (only available for Pro level license)?  Next, is how many channels do you have - best to specify both the original channels and the new RGB channels.