Light-O-Rama Forums

Compatible Lights?

Jago

First year trying to make a show and I've run into the first of probably many road blocks.  I'm trying to use light strands with built in lighting effects to save some money because I already own them.  The problem is I cant control these strands in the software they are way off their queues.  I'm just trying to get these strands to do basic effects like on off fade....  Ive tried changing the effects in the software and on the light strand itself with no success. Is there anyway to use these strands or do I need to buy new lights with no built in lighting effect presets? Thanks.

Try placing your light strands to solid on and then try again. You may need to buy some standard lights though. I have never attempted with the effect strands before. Some or possibly all of the built-in effect modules might create an additional delay. Another thing you can look into doing is cutting the module out and putting a power plug on the strand. Just remember to heat shrink the wiring. You could probably use the portion of wiring with the plug leading into the module so you only have to shrink the wiring itself. That is probably the route I would take assuming setting the strands on solid on didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Trying to fade, twinkle or shimmer a light set with a control module will most likely burn out the module and ruin the set.   Your only choices are on or off.

• The topic was locked