Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting from xLights to LOR

RaceMedic

I am in need of some SERIOUS help here to resolve an issue or else I am looking at having to cancel our show for this year.

With an older version of xlights i could simply convert to LOR, open the file in LOR and copy and past ... with using xlights version 40 it wont work.

Sean suggested exporting each model individually as a clipboard file ... which I have also tried but when I paste into LOR the timing is completely off. I have tried pasting by cell and time and it wont work and it also does not appear to be exporting the entire song for the model.

HELP would be GREATLY appreciated ... I AM DESPERATE to save this year !

Thanks !

I think the answer is simple run your show in xlights. If your timing is off between xlights and LOR you may have xlights set to 25ms. If this is the case you open up the xlights file in an XML editor change it from 25 to 50 milliseconds save the file then reopen in xlights and then save the file in xlights then try importing again. Before you do any of this use F10 in xlights to backup all of your work.

Maybe reload older xlights version and see if you can import new version sequence, into older version.

There's  an xlights forums for support also.might post there is you come up empty here.

13 hours ago, RaceMedic said:

I am in need of some SERIOUS help here to resolve an issue or else I am looking at having to cancel our show for this year.

With an older version of xlights i could simply convert to LOR, open the file in LOR and copy and past ... with using xlights version 40 it wont work.

Sean suggested exporting each model individually as a clipboard file ... which I have also tried but when I paste into LOR the timing is completely off. I have tried pasting by cell and time and it wont work and it also does not appear to be exporting the entire song for the model.

HELP would be GREATLY appreciated ... I AM DESPERATE to save this year !

Thanks !

What issue are you having that is preventing you from converting from Xlights to LOR in ver 40? I use Xlights quite a bit and don't have any issues converting to LOR and I am running ver 2016.40

49 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

What issue are you having that is preventing you from converting from Xlights to LOR in ver 40? I use Xlights quite a bit and don't have any issues converting to LOR and I am running ver 2016.40

That's extremely old  they've made a lot of updates since then. I've run into the timing issue on import before,   if you create an X lights file at 25 milliseconds the timing  will not match up with LOR . It will compress the whole sequence when importing into LOR. Xlights is now on to version 2016.52

52 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

That's extremely old  they've made a lot of updates since then. I've run into the timing issue on import before,   if you create an X lights file at 25 milliseconds the timing  will not match up with LOR . It will compress the whole sequence when importing into LOR. Xlights is now on to version 2016.52

It's not that old, it's the last production version that came out in July. I also create all my new sequences in 50ms.

• The topic was locked