Light-O-Rama Forums

Pentatonix's "Hallelujah"

amtrak115

I've been experimenting with Xlights, mainly because of smart pixels but also because they have built in the papagayo solftware into the seqauencer.  So I decided to try it out.  here's a screen capture ...oh and I converted this sequence back into LOR.  Tell me what you think guys and gals!!!!

hallelujah.lms

That is awesome. I'm always impressed by the skills and understanding people have of these programs on controlling lights so exact.

On 11/11/2016 at 1:46 PM, Grinch said:

Nice Job....  Do you think it is easier in Xlights  or using the original way in Papagayo to do the faces?

having done the papagayo to LOR cut and paste thing for a couple of years now, the xlights way is much easier.  For Hallelujah I ended up with 4 timing tracks.  #1 was a generic timing track that I use to Fade-up and fade-down and do the Humming parts.  #2 was main lyrics, #3 was background Lyrics, and I called #4 the beat-box track.  Switching the faces was simple as each face was pointed at the appropriate lyric track, example there is one place where my "girl" tree is singing backup then switches to singing lead on the primary lyric track.  Simply telling the face which lyric track they are suppose to respond to made it work.  I'v very please with xlights and I believe this is the tightest synchronization I've been able to achieve using either papagayo or xlights.

If you are sharing this I would love to get a copy, especially since Leonard Cohen has passed I would like to fit this into my show.

Pevely@seascape.ns.ca

On 11/15/2016 at 0:19 PM, amtrak115 said:

having done the papagayo to LOR cut and paste thing for a couple of years now, the xlights way is much easier.  For Hallelujah I ended up with 4 timing tracks.  #1 was a generic timing track that I use to Fade-up and fade-down and do the Humming parts.  #2 was main lyrics, #3 was background Lyrics, and I called #4 the beat-box track.  Switching the faces was simple as each face was pointed at the appropriate lyric track, example there is one place where my "girl" tree is singing backup then switches to singing lead on the primary lyric track.  Simply telling the face which lyric track they are suppose to respond to made it work.  I'v very please with xlights and I believe this is the tightest synchronization I've been able to achieve using either papagayo or xlights.

Thanks for the comments.  There is no arguing your results, the sequence looks great.

• 2 weeks later...