Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR S4 not controlling.

tvincek

Is the LOR Control Panel running?  Without that, you will not be able to control your lights.

When it's running, you should see connection messages for all of your network devices.

Walt

Edited by wbaker4

Also since you loaded Xlights, make sure it is NOT loaded or running when working with LOR ... 

I have had weird results when both are present. 

As Walt mentioned, make sure the LOR control panel is running. 

Also make sure you can ping the SanDevice ... from a command line issue ping 10.10.10.1 and make sure you are getting a reply 

Bob 

• Like 1

Let me throw one more shotgun load in the chamber. 

Turn off your Windows Firewall (all of it .. PUBLIC and HOME) ... 

I always see my LOR connections on the PUBLIC side .. but to make testing easy .. shut down all of it .. 

Also if you don't use Windows firewall, shut down any 3rd party firewall you may have running. 

I just tested this on my machine ... Firewall --- no LOR... Firewall OFF.. LOR good .. 

If that resolves the issue, you can turn the firewall back on and then set the Pubic side to block inbound and ALLOW outbound traffic. 

Bob 

Edited by bob_moody

thanks guys. Turned off fire wall. Still no go.... I wonder if I should I un-install LOR and reinstall.... I can see the network lights flashing on the controller... comm control panels says connected...but no pixels come on.... it's just odd. Web interface- works... xlights - works....Sacnview-works...pings fine.... LOR no go... However it does work with my ctb16pc on the LOR dongle..

Edited by tvincek

100% sure the (ALL) firewall is off? Remember there would be a Home (private) network and a Public network.

Not a 3rd party firewall or virus filter running?

Also, from a command line run a "route print" command (post it if you can)

Make sure you have IPv6 turned off as well... yes .. I know shouldn't affect it... but ..

Dbl check on the SanDevice webpage that test is set to 0...

replace the CAT5 cable from the PC to controller. Is this a direct connection or is there a hub/switch involved?

Bob

One more thing .. you changed from multicast to unicast or vice versa ... set to multicast and dblcheck your LOR network settings since we changed the IP config.

Edited by bob_moody

From the SanDevice web page:

1. Make sure of the IP address set matches IP and subnet the PC is on. (we did that... correction on the 10.x.x.x subnet .. 255.0.0.0 is correct )

2. Make sure the Receive Mode is set correctly. If you going to use Multicast, Unicast or Artnet

3. Make sure the TEST is set to zero (0)

From the LOR Network:

1. Select Universe (1 in your case)

2. click on Use E1.31 radio button

3. Select Multicast  - Port 5568 and total universes is 1

4. Verify Comm Listener Port is 8837

From the PC:

1. Verify IP network on the wired NIC port is 10.10.10.x (your choice) and subnet is 255.0.0.0

2. IPv6 networking is turned off (unchecked)

3. Disable Windows firewall -.. Private and Public Make sure you are using the "not recommended" setting and just didn't select one the check boxes while its on.

4. open the LOR Control Panel

5. Open LOR Sequence editor

6. Verify channel config is using Device Type DMX, Network Universe 1 and the correct Circuit #

7. From PLAY - Make sure that Control lIghts is checked. This check mark does have a tendancy to disappear depending on the rest of the network config. If you have ONLY DMX devices then no.. you don't need a LOR dongle plugged in and connected to a LOR controller. However, if you do have LOR controllers defined then its a matter of if you have the drivers for the LOR dongle loaded. This is especially true with the older serial dongles. However, for this exercise, plug in the LOR dongle and verify that when the sequence is running that PAY -- Control Lights stays checked though out the sequence.

Also observe the colored square in the lower right hand corner of the sequence editor. What color is it when your playing your sequence?

I think that about covers my setup. As I mentioned I have several pixel and node controllers from J1Sys, SanDevice and AC controllers from LOR and an AC (DMX) controller from Minleon.

Bob

I have CDO ... its like OCD but all the letters are in the right order .. Like the SHOULD be !!! LOL

• Like 1

Update: I tried this set up on an older Dell and with the same configuration I have on the controller... LOR works fine controlling the pixels!

The Older Dell will not support LOR Pixel editor due to the graphic limitations

I am still trying to get this 64 bit HP pavilion to corporate. AMD Turion M620 2.5 GHZ

Realtek NIC 

I have updated the NIC driver - it does work. I was able to get out on the internet and such.

I can ping the E6804. Firewall disabled, reinstalled LOR and still the damn HP will not control the pixels.

I compared the Dell setting to the HP... all the same

any ideas??? (besides buying a new PC)

Edited by tvincek

I guess a couple of final thoughts..

If the DELL is working, use it for the show computer. I have a separate machine to run the show. My desktop is powerful enough to do all the sequencing and my show laptop is a OLD dell inspiron 1300 running XP ..

However, is this HP a laptop?

You didn't post the route print command so I cant help there .. however, if the HP has WiFi, turn it off as well so they only network comm is via the NIC card.

You also didn't post if this was a direct connect or through a hub, switch or router

I run a static route on my PC for the Multicast. This keeps the traffic off my home network since I still have the show computer on the home network to update our website with show status.

Finally your didn't post the status of the little block in the lower right of the sequencing screen.

after that ... without having access tot he machine, running wireshark or something to view the output packets .. not much more I can do or say.

Bob

HP laptop HP Palilion dv4-2049 win10

Print route attached

wifi off

no other netwok

static IP 10.10.10.100  subnet  255.0.0.0

controller is 10.10.10.50 

switch TPlink TL-SF1005D

status block Comm: DOWN Regular - attached

wire shark attached

I could let you remote connect to this PC on Wednesday evening- PM me if you can

thanks!!

wire shark.PNG

route print.PNG

status block.PNG

I had no sequence in the editor when the comm was down.

loaded a text pixel sequence and the block turned blue. Said comm:good

I can see the network lights flashing in the controller... no pixels lighting up

I'm on my phone so I can't read your screenshots, but let's eliminate one thing. Let's change your communication to uni-cast instead of multi-cast. Two things to do for this. Connect the web browser to the SanDevices controller. Change the mode to uni-cast. Save the change, and then restart the controller. Next is to change your universes to uni-cast in the LOR Network Configuration. For each universe, change it to uni-cast and specify the destination IP to the IP of your controller. Save and exit the Network Configuration, and then make sure to exit ANY LOR application. Then start the LOR control panel (which will open the Comm Listener). Then try to play again.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• Like 1

Excellent work!!

Wireshark looks good.. Route Table looks good. The TPLink is an unmanaged switch ...

1. Have tried connecting the laptop to the SanDevice without the switch?

2. Clear your ARP cache.

First enter the command "arp -a" this is display the arp cache.

Next clear the cache with the command " arp -d * "

Run the arp -a again

Now try again to see if the pixels will light up.

I am remembering a conversation with Ed from J1Sys about Ethernet ...I was having a similar problem ...

"Ethernet switches detect the mac address from transmissions and store them. once detected on a port the switch will only send to that port. Since the e131 protocol and etc doesn’t go bi-directional the ECG units don’t transmit much, so the switch remembers the old location until it resets or times out"

So ... lets see if this helps..

ALSO...... try it direct ... without the switch.. new computers will automatically detect the cable type/connection needed.

Bob

Edited by bob_moody
Second Thought

I have looked at his WireShark capture and then fired up Wireshark on my show computer and captured a couple seconds worth.  Since I'm in Christmas mode, I'm sending to 17 universes so it does not take long to get A LOT of data!  I wanted to make sure I knew where the data starts in the packet, and universe numbers, etc.

It looks like the capture is showing data to universe 1 and all the payload data is FF, so any lights should be full bright.  I do see an issue however.  This was brought up a couple days ago by someone else too.  The packets are being sent to port 8837, and not 5568.  Port 8837 is the Comm Listener port.  Port 5568 should have been the default as soon as you select "Use E1.31" when configuring the universe.  Change back to port 5568 in the DMX Universe (the green arrow below) and try again.  you can ignore the red arrows as that screen capture was originally created for something else.  You are sending data to the card, but to the wrong port number.  The E6804 is going to ignore the data because it's on the wrong port.

DMX%20universe.jpg

If you need an explanation of port numbers, I can give it.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2016 at 10:11 AM, Mr. P said:

One thing I have noticed and maybe someone can clarify. In the second pic the comm listener port is 8837 and the DMX Universe port is the same 8837, mine are different at 8837 and 5568 and work perfectly fine. Could it be that they are trying to use the same port?

Geesh, could have had it working last Friday  :P

Hey guys just FYI.. I also had Scooter Paschall, Drew Hickman and Jim from sandevice helping me... just a shout out to them and all of you to say:THANK YOU! 

Top notch group of folks!

I hope I can help someone as I have been helped! Blesssed! 

Edited by tvincek