Light-O-Rama Forums

Show on Demand doesn't work

Robert Burton

I am using a Asus laptop, Win 10 (version 1511), 4 gig ram, 1.8gig processor ? Using SE 4.34.

I am not using Superstar of PE with any of the sequences (nor will be).

I just added 1682 smart pixels to the house. I used Vegomatic to put the channels into SE.

I go to do "Show On Demand". The smart and dumb pixels turn on to white and just sit there. The computer will not boot up the first sequence in cue. When I go to right click on the control panel to shut the show down immediately it is very sluggish. Takes about 30 seconds or more to respond to each click or command.

Is anyone else seeing this?  I started to downgrade back to Win 8.1. I was running this with 4.34 Pro last year with no problems. I had dumb pixels in place of the 1682 smart pixels however. All the updates I have seen has nothing to do with sluggish commands or not working from what I have read (or am I wrong?). Am almost dead in the water unless I can get this fixed.

The same sequence runs fine on THIS computer which is running Win 7 with 6gig ram. I also did the sequence compressor. Not sure if that does any good for this situation or not.

Robert

Oh well,

I wiped out the folder that they were being played from (I think / thought), reinstalled from my thumb drive, and they played fine. I also saw that Windows wanted to upgrade ANOTHER time to 1607(?). Anyway, after pointing to the folder on the computer's hard drive, they played fine. Or at least one song did before I shut it down. If nothing else I will have one song to play for Halloween. So maybe it was pointed to the thumb drive? And the thumb drive wasn't in the machine?  Either way I should have gotten an error message of sorts if that was the case shouldn't I have?

Again, posting this here for future reference for others. Think it is important so when others go to search the forums... they may find there answer before asking. I did... and did not find my answer. :-(

Thanks,

Robert

one of the things to try to remember.. especially if you are running WIN10... Turn Off Windows updates, or make sure you are not connected to the net..

Oh you are so right Old Sarge! I put it on the web today and it wanted to do update after update. Could care less if it works! It's not a "Internet" computer. Sole purpose in life is to run my show!

If you left click on the LOR  lightbulb in the system tray, bottom right, the status log will open. If the show player is having difficulty finding something, it should give you a clue where to look.