Jump to content

NEWBIE WITH BIG PROBLEM!!


Recommended Posts

Ok.... I've figured out how to sequence my own song.. YEA ME!!!    BUT it has taken me a while.... So I decided to purchase a few already done sequences from LOR so I have enough songs for our first holiday display using this program..... BUT.. I dont know what to do with them... We just bought 1 controller with 16 channels.. I dont know how to change these so that it knows it is only 16 channels... And I have a picture of my house already loaded for my other song.. so I know where my lights are going to be....I think I will buy a few more but I dont know what to do with them once I have them???

We also have the ShowTime Central Package and I think we have the mini director with mp3 player..... Will we need to get a speaker for this so that you can hear the music from the yard for people walking by??

I'm sorry I have so many questions, but we used Mr. Christmas before and it was just plug in and go... so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed...

Thank you in advance for any and all help and advice you can give me..... It is appreciated more then you will ever know!!!

 

Edited by andismom529
Link to post
Share on other sites

First thing I would recommend is for you to watch the tutorials.

They are very good and will teach you the basics of what you are asking and build from there.

http://www1.lightorama.com/tutorials/

LOR is a in depth program and really great but you need to do some actually learning to be really happy with it. Also if you go to the Seq Sharing forum you will get many things free sent tpo you as we like sharing there and also are more then willing to try to help you but you really should watch the tutorials first a nd do some learning there also as there is really a lot you can learn there.

 

Dont let it seem overwhelming to you . There will be a time you will catch it and say.... WOW why didnt I catch onto this sooner. It will just take time and some work to learn it. Dont let it overwhelm you as it seems to for many first timer at the start.

As a beginner you need to really learn the how to make a new musical sequence and how to copy paste. Learning that will make things much easier for you as I have a couple hundred things I share but you need to be able to just copy paste the sections or parts that you want to use with your 16 channels as I an running 80 channels. Also peoples displays will not always match yours so you can use things they share by copy paste the parts you like

Edited by Old Sarge
learn to copy paste
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

it will get easier.. Just dont be afraid to play with it.. You can make yourself a folder to save things in such as for testing or playing with a song.. remember to name things in a way you know what you are playing with and what you want to save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Christmas Light Fun!  Take one step at a time so you can understand each as you progress.  There are plenty of free 16 channel LOR sequences on line.  Most sequences are unprotected so that you can fit them into your sequences and adapt them to your shows. (copy and paste works good)  Protected ones are not able to be customized to your show.  Youtube has many helpful videos.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lets say you bought a sequence that has 32 channels   but you only have 16 channels   on the sequence that you bought you have to assign you controller Id and the 16 channels to 16 channels of the sequence  the other channel don't have a controller id assign to them so they just don't do anything,    save for the future controller that your sure to buy

Edited by Dennis Laff
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Visit this link. I assisted Staudenmire with almost the exact same problem. We also spoke on the phone however we could not figure out why his LOR sequences wouldn't work. 

He filed a service ticket and LOR discovered his SD card was bad.

FYI- they told him Sandisc SD cards conflict with LOR mini Showtime director.

Sirry for the short reply in that step by step but typing one armed has been ruff on me.

feel free to pm me if you need more help with purchased sequences.

JR

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Hi Lets say you bought a sequence that has 32 channels   but you only have 16 channels   on the sequence that you bought you have to assign you controller Id and the 16 channels to 16 channels of the sequence  the other channel don't have a controller id assign to them so they just don't do anything,    save for the future controller that your sure buy

Yep, save them for next years sale.

Dennis aren't LOR sequences protected?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yep, save them for next years sale.

Dennis aren't LOR sequences protected?

The ready to go ones are but they also have them in ones you can modify, they just cost more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Evan if she bought protected sequences you still assign your controllers and channels and only use the channels you want.

I was just thinking that there is really no way to mess up the sequence if it was protected.

Thanks Dennis

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

that's correct  you can only assign channels on protected sequences

You guys are really confusing me now! LOL I posted last night about protected sequences. This is what the LOR website says about "Ready 2 Go" sequences:

 ReadyToGO sequences cannot be modified (not even channel assignments can be changes) and thus, they are less expensive. 

The mystery deepens. Where's Fred,Velma, and the gang when you need them? ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sctiger said:

You guys are really confusing me now! LOL I posted last night about protected sequences. This is what the LOR website says about "Ready 2 Go" sequences:

 ReadyToGO sequences cannot be modified (not even channel assignments can be changes) and thus, they are less expensive. 

The mystery deepens. Where's Fred,Velma, and the gang when you need them? ?

"Ready to go" sequences are just that, plug and play.

 "start out with 16 channels this year and add more later."

 I am also a newbie at this and have had my share of problems with the singing faces but it's fun.

All of the regulars assisted me in my quest and it is much appreciated

Edited by dibblejr
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2016 at 7:02 PM, andismom529 said:

Ok.... I've figured out how to sequence my own song.. YEA ME!!!    BUT it has taken me a while.... So I decided to purchase a few already done sequences from LOR so I have enough songs for our first holiday display using this program..... BUT.. I dont know what to do with them... We just bought 1 controller with 16 channels.. I dont know how to change these so that it knows it is only 16 channels... And I have a picture of my house already loaded for my other song.. so I know where my lights are going to be....I think I will buy a few more but I dont know what to do with them once I have them???

We also have the ShowTime Central Package and I think we have the mini director with mp3 player..... Will we need to get a speaker for this so that you can hear the music from the yard for people walking by??

I'm sorry I have so many questions, but we used Mr. Christmas before and it was just plug in and go... so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed...

Thank you in advance for any and all help and advice you can give me..... It is appreciated more then you will ever know!!!

 

Welcome, feel free to inbox any questions you may have as well as any sequences you would like to have (I have 30 I will share for free). Im also a newbie and many of the questions you will have are the same ones I just found answers for. Enjoy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also do a search on youtube for LOR sequencing. there are good videos on there by listentoourlights. He is a member on here also. If I knew how to take links from youtube and put them on here I would, sorry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:07 PM, Sctiger said:

You guys are really confusing me now! LOL I posted last night about protected sequences. This is what the LOR website says about "Ready 2 Go" sequences:

 ReadyToGO sequences cannot be modified (not even channel assignments can be changes) and thus, they are less expensive. 

The mystery deepens. Where's Fred,Velma, and the gang when you need them? ?

That's what I thought too!!! friend down the street bought several R2GO sequences and he call me over to help, and I couldn't change ANYTHING on them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, saxon said:

That's what I thought too!!! friend down the street bought several R2GO sequences and he call me over to help, and I couldn't change ANYTHING on them.

Nothing at all can be changed on the Ready To Go, all you can do is pug the lights in and play. The You Can Modify versions are about $20 more but you can change or assign anything you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...