Light-O-Rama Forums

USB talking to CMB24D but not responding

KRed

Make sure you don't have the Hardware Utility running at the same time. it's either one or the other but not both.

And I noticed it's your first post. Welcome aboard. the Crazy Train. :) 

Tom

• Like 1

I have the same issue.  Nothing else running, Hardware utility says Comm 3 is in use, solid light on the CMB unit, but the SELECT UNIT TO CONFIGURE...DOWNLOAD...TEST says Found 0 units.

Here are the port settings (see image).  Something is nagging the back of my brain about the bits per second value; I think I remember seeing something about this value needing to be 56k, but I am not 100% certain.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Kulstad

You have COM3 configured for the Regular Network in the Network Configuration utility using the recommended setting for speed (57.6K)?

I don't believe you have to set that value for BPS... LOR should.

Edited by wbaker4

Thank you everyone for getting back to me on this. I do have my com3 and com4  set up its the same as my pixcon which works just the cmd24s do not respond.  I also do not have hardware open at the same time as sequence editor. Any other ideas? 

hello to all, my wife is trying with little luck so I am trying to help out.  In response to all questions Regular network is set up at 57.6k, network A Aux is 500K and enhanced, computer will send and receive thru both Com 3 and Com 4 to the appropriate network, all the light will work on demand thru hardware utility, I only run hardware or SE never both.  My pixcon and CMB24 are operating on the 500k network. While running SE my pixcon16 will turn on the light however the CMB24 will not.  Checked all voltages in to boards and they are correct, however I do not get any output voltage on any of the CMB24s

1 hour ago, wbaker4 said:

You have COM3 configured for the Regular Network in the Network Configuration utility using the recommended setting for speed (57.6K)?

I don't believe you have to set that value for BPS... LOR should.

The Network Utility looks ok to me (but then again, I'm a newbie to all of this)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled01.jpg

4 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

Change MAX Unit ID to ff (255)  or whatever is the highest.

Switch on controller is set to 01.  Adjusted MAX ID to max on the slider (F0).  Rescanned.  Still nothing.

Edited by Kulstad

You probably need to go step-by-step until something fails.

1) Ensure the Unit ID is set on the CMB24 via the dip switches on the card.

2) Plug the USB 485 into the computer USB port.

3) Plug cat5 (patch cable not crossover cable) into USB485 and then into CMB24, only the CMB24 should be connected and no other controllers.

4) Power on the CMB24, red light on CMB24 should start flashing

5) Open the HU, when HU opens the red light should go solid. If it doesn't go solid red check cat5 cable.

6) In HU click refresh and start a controller search

7) Should have found 1 unit.

3 minutes ago, Kulstad said:

Switch on controller is set to 01

So dip switch 9 is on and all others are off? Verify that all others are completely off.

7 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

So dip switch 9 is on and all others are off? Verify that all others are completely off.

switch 1 is up, all others are down

13 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

That was the issue.  Switched 9 to up, all others to down, rebooted the CMB.  HU found the unit instantly.  Thank you so much for your help[

2 hours ago, KRed said:

hello to all, my wife is trying with little luck so I am trying to help out.  In response to all questions Regular network is set up at 57.6k, network A Aux is 500K and enhanced, computer will send and receive thru both Com 3 and Com 4 to the appropriate network, all the light will work on demand thru hardware utility, I only run hardware or SE never both.  My pixcon and CMB24 are operating on the 500k network. While running SE my pixcon16 will turn on the light however the CMB24 will not.  Checked all voltages in to boards and they are correct, however I do not get any output voltage on any of the CMB24s

Please someone help, I am at wits end, Halloween is just around the corner and my CMB24s will not come on. I have done everything I can do, the com port is correct, network works, lights solid and turn on while in HU. I am not running HU and SE at same time .In SE pixcon board responds and is on the same network as my CMB24s which do not. I am open to any ideas, also I do have PRO. Please someone help!