Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding channels

toymakr000

I was wondering if there was an easy way to import channel configuration names from a text file of spreadsheet (excel). During the planning stages of this years display I created a sheet wih all my channels descriptions, light counts, enclosure counts, light color counts, etc. I am trying to find a way to import the descriptions directly into my LOR II.

I am not aware of any ability to import data from excel. If there were it would more than likely be in .cvs format or at least formatted in a manner for LOR to interpret the dat and place it accordingly.

The only way I know of is to export the channel configuration once you have completed it in the sequencer.

If you are adding additional channels you could just open one of the older sequences, add the new channels and then export that channel cofiguration. Then when you create new sequences, you simply import the new configuration.

I had to re-create all my channels because I did not plan properly my first year. I was listing channels like deer1, deer2, deer3, etc all right in line. However, for sequences like sweeps across the yard they did not necessarily follow 1, 2 and 3. In some cases a sweep in my yard was like deer1, snowman1, angel1, deer2, deer3, polar bear1, etc.

So now I have everything in the order of where they are in the yard rather than what type of light they are. It was a little harder to set this up this way, but it sure makes sequencing alot easier. The way it was before I was doing a lot of scrolling up and down to find the right object.

Hope this helps!

Neil

nmonkman wrote:

I am not aware of any ability to import data from excel. If there were it would more than likely be in .cvs format or at least formatted in a manner for LOR to interpret the dat and place it accordingly.

The only way I know of is to export the channel configuration once you have completed it in the sequencer.

If you are adding additional channels you could just open one of the older sequences, add the new channels and then export that channel cofiguration. Then when you create new sequences, you simply import the new configuration.

I had to re-create all my channels because I did not plan properly my first year. I was listing channels like deer1, deer2, deer3, etc all right in line. However, for sequences like sweeps across the yard they did not necessarily follow 1, 2 and 3. In some cases a sweep in my yard was like deer1, snowman1, angel1, deer2, deer3, polar bear1, etc.

So now I have everything in the order of where they are in the yard rather than what type of light they are. It was a little harder to set this up this way, but it sure makes sequencing alot easier. The way it was before I was doing a lot of scrolling up and down to find the right object.

Hope this helps!

Neil

Neil, This is where Tracks could be a big timesaver now. You could have them all listed in Track 1 like you originally did, that is, Deer 1, Deer 2, etc. Then you could create a new track and transfer them to that track as they are set up in the yard, deer 1, snoman 1, angel 1, etc. Have the best of both worlds.

I am still getting used to LOR II and all of its GREAT features. I just got a link to learn how the beat wizard really works. I am going to watch that later.

I have not used or explored the track feature yet, but it sounds like I really need to. I use alot of the same sequencing for different songs.

Thanks for the tip!

Neil

like neil posted, open an old sequence. add the new number of channels. set up for newly added channels and make changes as needed. clcik and export channel configuration. name it as how many channel or year how ever you want. click edit and save as. rename it

make a note. when you added the new channels to your old one sequence, take a look at the bottom of your list. say you went from 16 channels to 48 channels. you'll see your old sequence starting at channel 49. you need to delete after 49 and down.

I just ran a test and noticed that lights where going on even though it wasnt highlited to turn on. when i looked at the sequence i noticed that i had my old sequence was on the bottom of my new configuration. even after i added new channels and imported my newly added controlers . seems like a confilic with my old sequence. after i deleted the old sequence at the bottom of the newly added channels, problem solved.