Light-O-Rama Forums

Any ideas??? Pixel colors not correct

Scooch

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

That pretty well eliminated a channel mismatch. As I've never even seen a Pixcon, and don't use Pixel Editor, that pretty well leaves me out of this. I will be watching to see what is determined however.

Good Luck!

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Thank you. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scooch

• wbaker4

• Mr. P

• Dennis Laff

It may be you camera (phone) but I do notice a difference in intensity (brighter, no corruption) when fewer rows are lit.

At about the 6 second mark, there is one lone pixel that stays on at the far end, center.  After 2 rows go by, it goes off.

Try running other patterns that run from top to bottom (as viewed from the camera).

Edited by wbaker4

Now that I watched the videos a little more closely I see similar issues I had this morning when I put mine together.  Most of the "glitches" are caused from improper grounding (V-).  Make sure all your Power Supplies and Controller are connected together at the V-.  Don't connect the V+ together or it will increase the voltage.  

Will you take a pic of your connections to each strand? It looks like your power injection may not be correct.  If you're using 2 power supplies, does each one power half the matrix?  Are you connecting a power supply to each side of the Pixcon 16?  I took the power to the pixels directly instead of going through the controller.  This made it easier to inject power to each strand.  Mine are 126 pixels long (63 down 63 up) and I have power going to each end.

You you are feeding DC power from both ends, on the end that curves back is the positive wire intact, makes the curve and goes back? In other words does the positive wire start, go down make the curve and come back?

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You you are feeding DC power from both ends, on the end that curves back is the positive wire intact, makes the curve and goes back? In other words does the positive wire start, go down make the curve and come back?

Both positive and negative make the entire loop of each circuit. 

1 minute ago, Scooch said:

What do you mean by leadout wires?

You have a leadin at the beginning of each string providing power and a leadout at the end of each string providing power. What is the effect if you take off the wires at the end.

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You have a leadin at the beginning of each string providing power and a leadout at the end of each string providing power. What is the effect if you take off the wires at the end.

So only power the strings from one end?

Just now, Scooch said:

So only power the strings from one end?

Just to see what happens. This is why I don't use 5v, if they were 12v you wouldn't be having this issue as power from one end would be enough. General rule is 5v is good for 50 pixels and 12v is good for 100 pixels, you are running 84 so just curious what happens if anything.

2 minutes ago, Scooch said:

Damn. That means cutting wires. 

Don't cut anything, can you show a video of how you have the ends wired in the PS.

16 minutes ago, Scooch said:

Damn. That means cutting wires. 

If you can shave the insulation off the +5 and ground lines on the near end, you can tack solder the extra power lines, so you don't have to cut anything!