Light-O-Rama Forums

Hobbyist Controllers in stock!!!!!

Guest guest

gremler wrote:

Yeaaaa, my controllers have arrived, I am now an offical LOR user (ok, maybe I will be when I actually get them hooked up to some lights and play). It's just so exciting

Please be forewarned that the units you have are going to be replaced. There is a bad voltage regulator in your cards. :(

LightORama wrote:

...the units you have are going to be replaced... :(

It breaks my heart o see such a good guy have to go through something like this in his business. Darn bad regulators!!!

jeff

I got mine today as well :waycool::waycool::waycool:. And I recieved an e-mail from Dan on what to do when the others are recieved. Dan, I'll wait until the others are shipped before opening them.

But in the mean time, can I wrap the ones I did get in Christmas wrapping paper and put em under the tree :]? I promise not to open it :], I promise :].

Tom

Thanks for the quick fix on an error which was not under your control. :]

Santas Helper wrote:

[sNIP]
Thanks for the quick fix on an error which was not under your control. :]

Thanks for the support, it is appreciated!! The (not under our control) is not 100% true. We should have caught this earlier. Two changes will be made as a result of this:

1. Prior to a production run a sample run will be executed (already done) AND the samples will include a sample of each lot number if a particular part has multiple lot numbers in the production run (was not done!).

2. Individual card testing will be more involved. Prior to this, we tested each card by running a chase sequence and testing that each circuit worked and worked independently of the others. This tests communications and errors such as, Stuck On, Stuck Off, Cross triggering of channels. The test will be expanded to cover more scenarios and will catch such things as happened with the voltage regulator.

---------------

The next production run which is already in progress (with another manufacture) has new procedures already in place. First we will have the pre-production samples built then the PCB assembler will pass the cards on to another company which will program and test the cards prior to installing the heatsinks. Then when Light-O-Rama receives the cards we will put them through a second more stringent test, box them or install them in LOR160xWs. In the case of LOR160xWs a third test will be performed that tests that the wires are installed properly.

Dan,

I had the same test going before I realized there was a problem. They ran fine in the chase sequence. So who'd have thought there would be a problem? It's too bad they all got shipped before you found out though.

Best wishes...

jeff

Dan,

Will the Showtime units have these problems too, or was it caught before they were assembled?

Cant wait for mine, and thanks for the reply to my email. Fantastic customer service/ support...and I don't even have my unit yet. You guys are great!

Ken Gelinas

KLG 28

MichaelC wrote:

don't jump too quick, you are going to have to get new boards from dan with the new voltage regulator.

Well I kinda knew that. That's why I wasn't going to open them and wrap them and just enjoy them as a present under the tree :]. Then when I get the other ones, open them up and get to work.

KLG 28 wrote:

Dan,

Will the Showtime units have these problems too, or was it caught before they were assembled?

Some of the Showtime units were assembled. Pretty much they were only at the stage where the boards were mounted in the boxes. Only a few had been wired. They were all disassembled and the boards sent back to the manufacture for re-work.

The manufacture sent a courier to pick up boards today.

Roadrat wrote:

Question: Are these the LOR II? If so, I need to get off my bottom and order. I need by August to start Halloween dancing ghost sequence.

Roadrat, will you please go more into detail in the "other seasons - Halloween Anyone???" forum? I would like to hear more :]. Please?

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Roadrat wrote:
Question: Are these the LOR II? If so, I need to get off my bottom and order. I need by August to start Halloween dancing ghost sequence.

Roadrat, will you please go more into detail in the "other seasons - Halloween Anyone???" forum? I would like to hear more :]. Please?

Tom

Done.

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=2560&forum_id=39&jump_to=34853

Yes, I know there are tags you can use but I'm lazy tonight

Further note: upon testing the link, I see you already found it.:]