Light-O-Rama Forums

more than 1000 channels?

medman2000

LightORamaDan wrote:

Duke wrote:
[snip]
We're going to need acerage to spell out "Light-O-Rama" and "Creative Displays" so it will be legible from the moon with the naked eye! Buwahahahahaaaa!

You folks are nuts!:P:);):)

Isn't this your Business Modle ...

Harrison

LightORamaDan wrote:

Duke wrote:
[snip]
We're going to need acerage to spell out "Light-O-Rama" and "Creative Displays" so it will be legible from the moon with the naked eye! Buwahahahahaaaa!

You folks are nuts!:P:);):)

Shhhhhhhhh! They haven't discovered that I've escaped yet

Duke wrote:

Dan, if you send me 960 controllers I will be happy to test the theoretical maximum number of channels and post the results here!!! ;):P;):shock:

Now this has tweeked my curiosity..

we all know the current draw for the lights we use.. But what would be the total current draw for all 960 contollers combined at once ????? ( that a Bunch of red status lighst blinking at us then turning solid!!!)

Jeff Millard wrote:

When we get this all hooked up and sequenced... how are we going to let them know they have to take the pictures from space?

J

Around the lights that spell out Light-O-Rama and Creative Displays we just simply state, TAKE PICTURES! In lights of course!

Chuck

Jeff Millard wrote:

There is a large ball fied just one block from my house. The three phase primary to my street runs right along the edge... we have more than enough room, there is a p two lane road with a large turn around at the end so the traffic would keep moving... I can have a trouble crew hang about ten transformers on the existing poles... but we need temporary services... I can make a single 100 amp one from the leftover parts from my service upgrade.... we need donations... and the schedule for the times the space station flys overhead... someone look up Nasa Human Spaceflight... there's a flash program there with real time data... just one question?

When we get this all hooked up and sequenced... how are we going to let them know they have to take the pictures from space?

J

If the ball park thing doesn't work out let me know. I have about 36 acres to work with - bordered by over 2500 feet of woods including several hundered 30' pine trees. We have three phase up at the road and very supportive neighbors.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Duke wrote:
Waddaya think Jeff? Wanna set this up in Ossian, Indianna? Just think.... 30' MEGA TREES!! LOTS OF 'EM!!!!!!!:D

Forget 30' Mega trees, go for 30' century trees:
20 channels high x
20 uprights x
4 Colors =====> 1600 Channels, 1 tree:D:D:D

I not programing it thoe....

mnkyboy wrote:

...But what would be the total current draw for all 960 contollers combined at once ????? ( that a Bunch of red status lighst blinking at us then turning solid!!!)

If I may borrow from a thread over at PC...

You know this Christmas light thing has gone too far when...

With the very thought of 960 red status lights blinking then turning solid, you know how a conductor must feel when they step up to the podium and a great orchestra raises their instruments, ready for his/her commands.

In the advent that this ever becomes a reality (somebody... please stop me) I'm buying stock in a copper mining operation as you read this. ;)

(Waddaya mean "Deep Edge"? It dudn't look so deep from down here!):shock:

DanCampbell wrote:

mnkyboy wrote:
...But what would be the total current draw for all 960 contollers combined at once ????? ( that a Bunch of red status lighst blinking at us then turning solid!!!)

With the very thought of 960 red status lights blinking then turning solid, you know how a conductor must feel when they step up to the podium and a great orchestra raises their instruments, ready for his/her commands.

Worse, You realize that if the controllers were set side by side that they would extend from goal post to goal post on a football field! ( each controller is around 12" wide, 960ft /3 = 120 yards!)

mnkyboy wrote:

DanCampbell wrote:
mnkyboy wrote:

Worse, You realize that if the controllers were set side by side that they would extend from goal post to goal post on a football field! ( each controller is around 12" wide, 960ft /3 = 120 yards!)

OK I guess I cannot add! 300 feet =100 yards! Darn new math!

So you would have 3 rows of controllers goal post to goal post! Sorry for the confusion, just the thought of all those controllers!!!!

Let's figure this out...

960 controllers x 1' per controller - 960 feet.

One full football field: 360 feet (100 yards + 10 yards + 10 yards = 120 yards x 3 feet per yard)

360 feet + 360 feet = 720 feet.

960 feet - 720 feet = 240 feet.

240 feet = line at mens restroom at halftime.

So there you go - 960 controllers will cover 2 football field lengths, plus the line at the bathroom at halftime. :-)

Jeff Millard wrote:

mnkyboy wrote:

OK I guess I cannot add! 300 feet =100 yards! Darn new math!

So you would have 3 rows of controllers goal post to goal post! Sorry for the confusion, just the thought of all those controllers!!!!

What football field do you play on that has the goal posts on the touchdown line? It's always 10 yards back.... 100 yards and ten yards and then there's the other ten yards = 120 yards... Ding dang fuzzy math. Never makes sense. :shock: 3 x 120 = 360, only 600 feet of controller length to account for...

Jeff

Hmm maybe thats why the Cardinals never win!!!

I was figuring the extra 20 yards for the goal posts in but still gooped it up hahahhaa!

But i do like the halftime bathroom line measurement myself!

Maybe the bigger question should be How many cases of beer is it going to take to wire these babies up and sequence them?

I have no clue how many will help, but if you figure 24 people wiring and sequencing for 2 weeks solid working 8 hour days. Each one drinks one beer for morning break, 2 for lunch, 1 for afternoon break, then 2 more and the end of the day would equal 84 cases.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What about extension cords? We need a grant from Walmart! Tell like Westinghouse to give us a few katrillion extension cords, and we'll be good! lol