Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR, not just for Christmas!

thebaronn

Hello all! I just posted videos of our Valentine's display on youtube!

This is definitely a sickness! Only four songs for Valentine's day and 28 channels. Its amazing how after doing 64+ channels how quickly you can do 28 (and it all fits on the screen at once!) It is heard to see, but on the ground for Love Stinks is a heart that cracks and then breaks in two. It looks good when you are outside, but not on my crappy camera!

Love Stinks! (I mixed Adam Sandler from the Wedding Singer and J Geils Band)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO40k1zIpBk

Outro (Herz and Herz) by Blümchen

Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News

Miracle by Cascada

Stop by and leave a comment!

Next stop is St. Patricks Day!!!! Any song suggestions?

Very nice. The Love Stinks one is great. LOL

And speaking of "not just for Christmas", has anybody done or planning to do a July 4th display? I just picked up another controller from the "secret" sale and my head is exploding with ideas. An animated fireworks or American flag would be an interesting project.

Agreed! I purchase some american flags from christmasdepot.com 43 lights on each flag for $5 each! Was planning on making them but how can I match that price and they look great. That is where I purchased my hearts, shamrocks, pumpkins, skulls, and spiders!

lol!

Love the display. Did you make the hearts or were they purchased?

Here are some song ideas for St. Pats:

Danny Boy, An Irish Lullaby, When Irish Eyes are Smiling, Irish Washerworman and MacNamara's Band. There are plety more.

- Dave

• 2 months later...

Sparky,

I know its a little late to add to this topic, but I just thought I'd add that I got big plans to actually add lights to my July 4th show. I've being choreographing fireworks to music for years but I just got into christmas lights this year. I'm hoping to add the light craze to my 4th and pull off one of my coolest displays yet and if I do I'll be sure to post some video.

Those are great. I still can't believe you found pink lights...

We don't get that carried away for Canada Day but, maybe down the road as I have more spare time....

-Evan

PyroN8 wrote:

Sparky,

I know its a little late to add to this topic, but I just thought I'd add that I got big plans to actually add lights to my July 4th show. I've being choreographing fireworks to music for years but I just got into christmas lights this year. I'm hoping to add the light craze to my 4th and pull off one of my coolest displays yet and if I do I'll be sure to post some video.

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to it. It's looking more like I'm going to have to skip the July 4 display this year so I can save up for the sale in a few weeks and also to concentrate more on my Halloween display.

• 3 weeks later...

sparky741 wrote:

And speaking of "not just for Christmas", has anybody done or planning to do a July 4th display? I just picked up another controller from the "secret" sale and my head is exploding with ideas. An animated fireworks or American flag would be an interesting project.

I did a 4th of July Display last year. Just two songs, simple.

http://www.dancingwithlights.com/Independence2007.htm

This year, I am planning on doing another one with more elements this year.

evana wrote:

here's a classical one

Great Job on the Arches. Like the Hooked On music also.