Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D

flomas

Howdy Folks!!!

I dug around the forums and didn't find anything similar to what I'm experiencing, Plus I had a few Noob questions as well. I'm finally busting out my two CMB24D and my RGB strips that I got last year and didn't have time to get them mounted on my house, I will be using these along with a LOR 16 channel residential series that I've been using.

1. I busted all the lights out got them all connected to one CMB24D to test them and noticed that when I'm in the console and click all on or shimmer. only six strips light up, but if I go to the Pixel section I can get all 8 stips to light       up is that the way it supposed to be? I haven't tried to run a sequence or anything yet, just getting lights connected to be sure they are working.

2. From what i'm reading, I need to set separate Unit ID's for each CMB24D is that correct? So, My 16 channel will have it's own ID as well as both CMB24D, Correct ? Is there any certain order they should be in? Should I see what Unit ID my 16 Channel is and go up or down from there for the two CMB24D's

3. Do only need to have one USB-RS485 going into my PC?. Im going be setup like so. CMB24D >>>> cat5 patch >>> CMB24D  >>>> cat5 patch >>> 16 channel residential >>>>USB-RS485 >>>> Laptop, is this Correct?

4. Anyone know of or have any good waterproofing ideas for the RGB wires? I'm going to have a couple of 50' runs coming back to my CMB24D's as they strips are going up around the eve's of my house permanently, I hope :-)

Anything anyone else can add or toss at me that would be great, this is my first attempt at RGB's, If any of this was posted and I missed it, my apologies, please point me to the post if so.

Merry Halloween!

Flomas

Yes you need a different unit ID for each controller. I myself connected one rgb dumb strip to each port. Your connection sounds right. Daisy chain the controllers. I have my 16 channel controllers daisy chained first the my CMB24 from my last 16 channel controller. Each CMB24 will need a power supply, I assume you have that as you said you tested them from the console.

Yes Sir, All powered up and in enclosures, Any specific mean to Unit ID'ing  or is it more of a preference? 

Thanks for the reply!

Edited by flomas

If you mean is there a certain order that they should be chained in (like unit id 1, then 2, then 3), then no there is not. They can be chained in any order regardless of the unit ID.

I'm new at RGB's but I'll share what I've done. I run my 110v controllers from my LOR adapter fed from my USB port. I am then running my pixel controllers from the Ethernet output from the laptop connected together by a router. Off of one of the ports from the router I'm feeding an E1.31 to DMX bridge to my RGB controllers that are then daisy chained together.  Every controller has its own number assigned to it spread over different universes.  Help or hurt? 

Z

2 hours ago, flomas said:

1. I busted all the lights out got them all connected to one CMB24D to test them and noticed that when I'm in the console and click all on or shimmer. only six strips light up, but if I go to the Pixel section I can get all 8 stips to light       up is that the way it supposed to be? I haven't tried to run a sequence or anything yet, just getting lights connected to be sure they are working.

The console controls groups of 16 channels.  I don't have something to test, but there is a control to change the group of 16 channels.

6 hours ago, zvacman said:

I'm new at RGB's but I'll share what I've done. I run my 110v controllers from my LOR adapter fed from my USB port. I am then running my pixel controllers from the Ethernet output from the laptop connected together by a router. Off of one of the ports from the router I'm feeding an E1.31 to DMX bridge to my RGB controllers that are then daisy chained together.  Every controller has its own number assigned to it spread over different universes.  Help or hurt? 

Z

Hi Z,

I'm going to be running straight LOR, no DMX, Hopefully I'll get to that point eventually. Thanks for the tips!

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

The console controls groups of 16 channels.  I don't have something to test, but there is a control to change the group of 16 channels.

Thanks Jim, I'll dbl check on control and see if I can figure out where to change it.

I got them to all light up, I had to check the Extended circuit ID's in the Main Light Console off the Hardware Utility and mess with the sliders for 13 - 24 channels 
They all function without any tweaking in the Pixel Console, Jim, Thanks for the Tip on checking that page in the HW Util.

I have one Strip that powers on very low when everything is off in the HW Util.Pic attached, I swapped strips and it's staying with the port, So it's not m RGB. Any thoughts, I should probably move this one over the the Hardware section.. Maybe I need a firmware update currently both cmb24d are on V1.02

It's port # 2 - 4,5,6 on my cmb24d

Thanks!

(3).jpg

When the color stays on dim like that when the port is turned off that is usually the symptom of a bad or blown mosfet. The color that stays on will let you know exactly which mosfet is bad. They are easy to replace yourself if you have basic soldering skills or you can send the board back to LOR if you don't feel comfortable doing the work.

Edited by Mr. P

Thanks Mr P, yah, soldering isnt my bag, I'll have to get in touch with LOR and see about getting this taken care of.