Light-O-Rama Forums

Cut and Pasting

Guest guest

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong while writing my music sequences, whenever I take a section of on/off commands and copy them (for example a section of 4 on and 4 off) , then I go to "paste multiple" and choose "to end of sequence" it always adds one additional on command to the first on command all the way to the end of the sequence?

Try to visualize Copy: on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off

When its pasted this is what I get: on-on-off-on-off-on-off-on

I have tried this on different songs and with different sequences and it seems to be a constant problem........is it the operator or the program?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Kim

Hummmm,

I just tried what you did and it copied ok. Not sure what else to do. Sorry about that. Maybe someone else here will be of some help. But I am curious about that. It's a first I have heard (reading the past LOR posts) about and I'm creating a list of all LOR problems/fixes for future reference.

Tom

Tom,

Single pasting works great without any problem, it only gives me problems with the paste to end of sequence. And as you know from writing these sequences anything that makes the work a bit less time consuming is something I would like to use whenever possible.

Kim

Dan,

I'm positive that I am copying a equal set of commands both on and off and I am not pasting over any existing programming. I even tried setting the number of times thats usually on 1 when you open this window to 0 even though this should not have any effect when using the "repeat to end of sequence command" and still had the same problem. I have tried on a number of different songs that had nothing in common with each other, meaning each song was set up separately without importing any data from a previous song.

Kim

Hi,

I want to make sure I understand, you end up with something like:

"ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-ON-OFF..... "

The only way I could reproduce it was as shown in the little demo. You will need Flash to watch it.

Click on LittleDemo

LightORama wrote:

Hi,

I want to make sure I understand, you end up with something like:

"ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-ON-OFF..... "

The only way I could reproduce it was as shown in the little demo. You will need Flash to watch it.

Click on LittleDemo

Ahh! Beat me to it Dan. I just spent 5 mins making a couple of .jpg images to illustrate the point. Your "flash"y explanation is soooooo much better.......showoff ;)

Martin

Dan,

Very awesome demo, I will try it at home tonight. I was moving the copied portion with my cursor to the new start point then clicking paste and I see that you were not doing that you are simply clicking paste. Could well be my problem. I will let you know tomorrow how it worked. Thank you so much

Kim

Dale Leady wrote:

Dan,

What is that program you made that demo with ?

A software company that I am friends with is working on it. It is an early alpha version. There are lots of existing programs out there that capture.

Thanks all,

Problem solved as Dan suggested I may literally have been biting off more that I could chew...:X

I was copying 4 on commands and 4 off commands but should have been copying 3 on commands and 4 off commands to paste to the end of the sequence. Seems simple until brain lock and fatigue sets in.

Kim