Light-O-Rama Forums

Can the cmb24d standalone work with input pup?

bbayjohn

I have my CMB24D running in standalone mode. I see there is an option for triggers in hardware. Is that trigger limited to one open switch? or can I use a input pup and have several switches?

Thanks

John

As I understand it, when operated in stand alone mode, the only input that can be used on the CMB24D is input 1 and the only function it can have is to start a standalone show.  So your answer is no.  That has a lot to do with why I run my year round landscape lighting on a PC - I make extensive use of interactive sequences.

Thanks Jim,

I thought that might be the case. I have a mini Show Director, I can make use of that. Just not sure I can fit it in the enclosure.

• 10 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, k6ccc said:

As I understand it, when operated in stand alone mode, the only input that can be used on the CMB24D is input 1 and the only function it can have is to start a standalone show.  So your answer is no.  That has a lot to do with why I run my year round landscape lighting on a PC - I make extensive use of interactive sequences.

Jim, is it possible to use a motion detector for input 1? If that is the case then that would be all I need. I host a xmas party every year and I change up the entrance for my guests every time. This year I'm planning a Hollywood red carpet premiere type of theme, I've already got red carpet and paparazzi sillouettes on order. I'm going to mount the sillouettes on thin plywood to strengthen them up and get a 8 pack of the 10w floods and mount them where the camera flash would be. I'm hoping that I could just mount a motion detector at the start of the carpet that when triggered would start a 30-45 second sequence of the 10w's rapidly and randomly flashing. Please tell me this is doable!

15 hours ago, oilmoney said:

Jim, is it possible to use a motion detector for input 1? If that is the case then that would be all I need. I host a xmas party every year and I change up the entrance for my guests every time. This year I'm planning a Hollywood red carpet premiere type of theme, I've already got red carpet and paparazzi sillouettes on order. I'm going to mount the sillouettes on thin plywood to strengthen them up and get a 8 pack of the 10w floods and mount them where the camera flash would be. I'm hoping that I could just mount a motion detector at the start of the carpet that when triggered would start a 30-45 second sequence of the 10w's rapidly and randomly flashing. Please tell me this is doable!

All the input cares about is a contact closure, so as long as the motion detector can output a contact closure (almost all do), you should be good to go.