Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody doing servo control?

Guest guest

Hi gang!

I'm hoping to get some feedback from others who might be doing some servo control with their LOR units. I've got a couple of ideas floating around in my head and I'm trying to figure out how to make them work.

The kind of info I'm looking for is pretty general. What do you think of the servo control? Is it easy to use? Do you find it tough to program the movements? What are you using it for? Stuff like that.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott Hardin

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

I've been looking around in the Chatrooms for a while now I am now ready for my first post.

I found this thread about servo but there was no reply to it. I am also thinking about doing something with servo. I see in the instruction manuals (from the LOR site) that the 8 channel deluxe (CTB08D or showtime equivalent) support servo but nothing is mentionned about the 16 channel CTB16D.

I do not have a LOR yet but was interested in the 16 ch. Can the 16 channel control servo?

Like many others, it's the Carson video that opened my eyes to a new world I didn't know existed.

Yves

The 16 does not control servos. There will be a seperate servo-card out this year for folks that want to play around with the servos.

When doing servo control you need to supply the power for the servo. The controller really doesn't have the power but it will supply the signal for the servo postion.