Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Channel Background

quintank

Is there any way to change the RGB Channel background to something other than Black?

I use a lot of custom colors to get true pumpkin orange, purples and warm whites, but, they are verrrrrrry dark in the sequencer.  Therefore, they get lost in the black background and I can barely see them and, thus, see what I am doing.  I would love to change the background to a normal grey or something, just so my colors show up.

Yes, I know I can click the drop-down and see the three color rows - that is not what I mean.

If this is not already possible, can we look at adding this feature?

Thanks.

If you select a channel rows and right click on it, you'll see the "background" option, you choose several effects which work very good ...intensity, fade up.down, etc. 

But there isn't a "color" background mode which would be very nice.  I have used the tools foreground/background modes to try and change entire roew's color, but the results are pretty sporatic.  For examply, if you have blue foreground and want red background, the foreground will like turn to a mix of red and blue...mauve type color.  But for most different color combination, you get crap.

10 hours ago, quintank said:

Is there any way to change the RGB Channel background to something other than Black?

There's no way I'm aware of.  The black is the sum of the intensity of red, green, and/or blue.  Until you add color, there is none. 

You didn't specify what sequencer you're using.  My entire experience with both dumb and smart RGB is with the Sequence Editor and I've never known difficulties with color brightness.  (The Visualizer is a different story, though.)  I'm unsure why your colors are dark in the sequencer, unless you're referring to very low intensity settings.  They get hard to see at 30% intensity or less.

• Like 1