Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Halloween Singing Monster Sequences

crazy man

If anyone is sharing singing elements i'm in need, I had a hard drive fry and all my back ups are on my lap top and its in the shop. Im not having a good week with computers, anything I can work on will help. I have 4 singing faces, 1 singing pumpkin, Dancing Skelaton  and Band.  My email is Janddcars@aol.com. 

4 minutes ago, crazy man said:

If anyone is sharing singing elements i'm in need, I had a hard drive fry and all my back ups are on my lap top and its in the shop. Im not having a good week with computers, anything I can work on will help. I have 4 singing faces, 1 singing pumpkin, Dancing Skelaton  and Band.  My email is Janddcars@aol.com. 

You have email. 

I can't stress enough the importance of good backups (note the "s" on the end indicating multiple).  I personally am a big fan of off-site backups in addition to local backup as they will be available in case the worst happens.  Having your backups on another computer (or a USB drive, or CD) that is sitting right next to the primary computer won't help you if a burglar takes them both, or your house burns down. 

BTW, as I'm typing this, I am sending the SuperStar sequence that I was working on to Google Drive...  Tuesday, the backup hard drive goes to work.

I save all my backups to my home server and another copy to a USB stick that gets put away for emergencies, in total I have four backups Remember people, backup to the backup to the backup, it can't be stressed enough. You should have a minimum of three places where you keep backups.

I totally agree, I have all my last 3 years backed up on my memory sticks , and laptop, I even shared some with my friend. but the key board stopped working and 3 week ago my wife got sick and I took her to the ER and her Cancer has returned, she was in remission sense 2014, and now they found a new mass and its spread, she was on my desk top researching treatment and I did not have all my current work saved, needless to say the computer crashed and everything current for this year is lost, I purchased a new desk top and a automatic external hard drive to save files automatic. now i'm playing catch up on lost material. I don't have a lot of spare time to work on all new sequences for this years show, because between work and doctor visits my days are very short.

• 1 month later...