Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel editor vs superstar

ebrown1972

Last year I did all of my sequencing using Superstar. Last year I only had about 800 pixels. This year I have switched completely over to rgb and I will be using around 3500 pixels. I do love the individual control of each pixel that Superstar can perform. I have a few months to get my sequencing done and I still have props to build not to mention I just moved into a new home 2 weeks ago. I am looking to save a little bit of time and I have played around with Pixel editor quite a bit and like many of its features. I know I can use both programs and incorporate them into one sequence.

For those of you who have used both programs which did you like better? Which one seems to save time on sequencing? Why did you like one over the other? I am just looking for opinions before I decide which one I will use. In the end I may use both because both have some really good features.

Thanks

I've used SuperStar for almost five years.  Couldn't live without it.

I never could figure out Pixel Editor.

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I've used SuperStar for almost five years.  Couldn't live without it.

I never could figure out Pixel Editor.

I used Superstar last year for all of my props and loved the result. I added a 1200 pixel matrix this year and may use pixel editor for the matrix and the rest I might stick with Superstar. For arches and things of that nature its hard to beat Superstar!!

I have used superstar for many years last year I  switched to almost all smart pixels ,you can't beat superstar for really intricate effects but if you have a pixel tree  arches. And lights on the house  the pixel editor creates a lot of nice effects on a big layout fairly easy if you learn how you use all the effects in the pixel editor you can get some nice effects in less time. 

• Like 1