Light-O-Rama Forums

Lots of Guests viewing

Mr. P

I always see lots of Guests viewing the forums in the online users. I say come on in, sign up for an account and lets chat.  :D

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I always see lots of Guests viewing the forums in the online users. I say come on in, sign up for an account and lets chat.  :D

+1

Could start like:

Hello, My name is _______ and I have a problem.  I'm a Christmas light addict...

• Like 3

Hello, my name is Wes. I have been addicted to Christmas lights since 2004 but started using Light o rama in 2014. 

• Like 1

Hello.  My name is Lee.  I have been putting up traditional Christmas lights since we moved into our home in 1972.  However, when I learned about LOR in 2013, I, too, became addicted to this fantastic world of holiday lights.

• Like 1

If I forget to sign back in, that's how I show up too.   Of course I know I'm not signed in the moment I try to reply to a post, because a guest can't respond, at least at guest status, I haven't been able to.   Got to be a member and signed in, so sometimes it could be a member that's just browsing, and I'm not sure if this forum supports it, I've not really looked, but some allow a user to use "Invisible mode", if you use this mode, you will show up as a guest to other users, even if you are signed in.   And yes, under that guise you can post and reply to messages {at least that's how it's worked on other forums}.

So all those guests could be active forum members using "invisible mode", again, if the forum supports it.   I think it probably does, but again, I've never really looked for it or used it here if it does.

Edited by Orville

Hello my name is Lee . Originally from England but moved to Texas back in 2002. I have been doing the Christmas light show since 2013 nothing big, but big enough to put smiles on peoples faces
now its become an addiction.

• Like 1

Hello, my name is Grant. Over the course of the last 4 months I have alienated my family, collected a stack of dishes next to my computer that is now a 1 to 1 scale replica of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, developed a nervous twitch whenever I hear Christmas music, have burned through so many keyboards through sequencing that I made up half of Microsoft's 2nd quarter earnings for 2016, and have listened to more music in the last 6 and a half days than the entire listening base of iTunes has in the last year.

Okay, so I exaggerated a little bit. The point is this hobby is addicting, and if you like the idea of this then definitely sign up and introduce yourself. Don't worry, you can't sound as insane as I just have :P

• Like 1

I've participated in other hobbyist forums and it just the nature of forums. That the majority of traffic is generated by a minority of the users.

Pople come to forums for different reason..to get info, to share info ande for the social part of it.

How we communicate has changed over a very short timeframe.  Have gone from face to face, to phone calls, to emails and now via short text and tweets. So posting/responding on forums may be out of the comfort zone for a growing number of people.  I have seen newbiew on various forums, get fustrated when  thread responders ask for more info from a posters.

A book on the dynamics of forum probably could be writen.

In various forums I use, I don't do a lot of new thread posting.  If I have questions, I first try to search past threads where more than likely, I'll find the answers.

Hello, my name is Gary, I started with a static display and inflatables in 2009. Second year with LOR, 80 channels, 280 strands of LEDs, 4000 ft of SPT wire, 6000 K less in the pocket book. I don't have a problem, really this no addiction .:D

Hello.. My Name is Old sarge and I have had the CLAP for this will be 3 years now..

Edited by Old Sarge

Hi! I'm Scott, and I caught the CLAP when I was just a teenager. My dad used to do a large static display. There is no cure that I have found, not that I want to be cured. :D Years ago before inverters were invented, I used to re-wire incandescent lights to run on 12 volt. I had a fully lit and decorated 6' tree in the bed of my pickup truck...it's kinda cannon balled from there. I've had a GE, Mr. Christmas lights and sound in 2010 and 11 then went to a 16 channel LOR in 2012 with about 2000 lights and every year since I've added on. 80 LOR  and more than 1000 RGB channels this year. Happy Programming!  

• Like 1

Hi! My name is Tony and I caught CLAP at birth. I was born is December 1982 the first year my parents started decorating their house, and for the next 25 years we had one of the largest static/motorized cutout displays in the state. When I was in college after some vandalism we took a hiatus and took a break. A few years later in 2008 there was a site called Masslive and there was a posting on there talking about our display. The bug bit us again and we went bigger then before. This is around the time that I remembered watching Carson and Holdmans houses on YouTube and I set out to figure out how. We did the display with a mixture of LOR, plywood cutouts and static lights until 2013. This is when my parents retired and moved to Florida and I took over doing the lights at my house. My house was a disappointment, I had maybe if I was lucky a 1/4 of the space of the old yard. Now this year we have just moved to central Florida, bought a house with a huge yard and live only a few miles from my dad who is the master mind behind the motors on my cutouts and were planning on bigger things then ever after 33 years. Also my son who is about to turn 4 is turning into a Christmas nut, when I'm at work at night he tells him Mother about what him and daddy are making for Christmas lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Tony are you in the Greater Orlando vicinity or what region of Central Florida are you in?

Might want to change your profile since it still says you in Springfield, MA.    

All of us other folks in the area would love to know where your display is{or going to be} so we could possibly visit it when you get it up and running for the Season!

So Tony are you in the Greater Orlando vicinity or what region of Central Florida are you in?

Might want to change your profile since it still says you in Springfield, MA.    

All of us other folks in the area would love to know where your display is{or going to be} so we could possibly visit it when you get it up and running for the Season!

I will have to change that, thanks for reminding me. I just moved into my house the middle of August and I've been removing and trimming bushes getting for the upcoming season. I live in Winter Haven, just a few miles from Legoland. Pm me and I'd be happy to send the address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• The topic was locked