Light-O-Rama Forums

Unit and Circuit order, out of order

Guest guest

For ease of sequencing I would like to have particular channels viewed next to each other in the sequence editor, but electrically connected to different controllers for reasons such as location and extension cord length. So with that said-

Is there any problem with doing the following?

Line 1 Unit 1, Circuit 1

Line 2 Unit 1, Circuit 2

Line 3 Unit 2, Circuit 1

Line 4 Unit 2, Circuit 2

Line 5 Unit 1, Circuit 3

Line 6 Unit 2, Circuit 3

ect, ect, ect

I realize with the limited amount of channels in my example one could say "why would you want to do that" but with quite a few channels, I think it will make sequencing quite a bit easier. I am pretty sure it will work but was wondering about how efficient doing it this way would be in regards to computer overhead, speed and general effect, or maybe the program just doesn't care. (I hope I explained my question well enough, if not I will try harder)

Thanks in advanced, you guys always come through.:]

Don wrote:

It does not matter what order you have the controller/channel configuration set up in the sequence editor. As you said, the program doesn't care.
As Don correctly stated, the program doesn't care and that is true at every level including performance/overhead... which was one of your concerns.

This is one of the things that LOR did very well -- abstracted the hardware from the grid. We've used LOR for 3 seasons now, and made some extensive changes to "the network" as far as what gets plugged in where. But it's pretty easy to just reload a channel configuration into the sequences every year.

I'll squeak in a feature request here -- it would be way cool to have some sort of way to say "apply this channel config to these sequences" so you didn't have to do it one-at-a-time, which gets tedious as the show gets larger...

-Tim