Light-O-Rama Forums

Using a SHARED sequence

bobsavenger

This is my first year doing this so I need to get caught up FAST.  I have 32 channels and have been messing around with the software for the past few weeks understanding the controls and features of it.  I know it's going to take hours or months to sequence songs from scratch.  I've downloaded some sequences but want to know the easiest way to make them work for my channel configuration.  It was a 32 channel that I downloaded but it didn't seem to line up to the song.  Is there a tutorial out there showing how to borrow a sequence and change it to work?

ANY QUICK HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.................

Thanks

Bob

The LOR website has a number of video tutorials outlining the different functions associated with the sequence editor that should quickly get you going, especially as you already have some sequences you are just trying to adapt.

If it's simply timing (lining up the effects to the music), use the sequence editor's skew command in the pull down menu under edit. 

Greg

I spent most of last night watching tutorials and it was very helpful.  I appreciate the response.

Thanks

Bob

Welcome aboard Bob.

Keep in mind there might be many variations of the song/music that the sequence was built for. So it might be the song/music that may be the cause for the out of alignment of the sequence. Look and see if there are other variations out there. Or the song/music was edited by the creator of the sequence. If that's the case, you have no choice but to work the sequence around that or get lucky to make the same edits of the song/music as the creator.

But as mentioned by Greg, LOR has tutorials.

Good luck and again, Welcome.

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper

Set up a "blank" sequence with all your channels id'ed. Organizing similar channels (ie 7 mini trees) into groups is a useful tool.

Now export this blank sequences for use in other songs you want to do.  From "file", select "import export channel configuation".  You export this blank sequence and on your next song, start with another blank sequence and import this configuation.

To start building your sequence, look at other shared sequences and finding channels that would work good for you various light element. You then copy the selected cahnnels rows and paste them into the appropriate rows in your sequence.

All of my 30 halloween/christmas sequdence have been built this way.  I have copied from up to 5 shared sequence to build my sequence. It can take some searching through shared sequences but it's still quicker than build a scatch sequence. You can build really nice sequence but it really depends on how much time you spend exploring shared sequences.

I would look at doing fewer really good sequence than a bunch of average ones.

There are several LOR tutorials on copy/paste.