Light-O-Rama Forums

Error saving sequences, invalid procedure call

coachdove

I did the last minute upgrade to Windows 10 and ever since then, I cannot save any sequences after editing them.

My sequences load up fine and play in visualizer, but as soon as I make a change and try to save it give me this message:

"Error saving file...do you want to try to save to another file name?  Detail: invalid procedure call or argument"

I tried to saving it under a different name, and to different locations (even another hard drive I have installed) and get the same message every time.  This happens with ALL of my sequences.

When I try to create a new sequence, it tells me it cannot create an audio analysis file.   Do I need to do a reinstall of the LOR software? Any other suggestions?

By the way, I am running LOR software version 4.0.28

Edited by coachdove

Get rid of Win10!!!! Do a clean install of the last OS u were running. I had severe issues and reinstalled Win8 and am pretty much back to normal. There are a few hiccups. But get rid of Win10 until the LOR programmers can make it play nice. Or as some suggest don't do the upgrade...do a complete new install.

There is nothing wrong with Win10.  Some computers do have an issue with the upgrade from 8 to 10, but not many.

S4 already plays nice with W10 - in fact all of us have been using Windows 10 for our development platform for quite some time now.

What may have happened is a DLL got corrupted.  Perform a registry wipe and re-install.

Let's clean out the Light-O-Rama entries in your Windows Registry and in essence, install the full Light-O-Rama application from scratch. 

If possible, open Sequence Editor and goto Help/About LOR Sequence Editor. Copy your license key number somewhere. You'll need this later. Shut down the Sequence Editor.  If you can not start the Sequence Editor, you can retrieve your license key at: http://lightorama.com/licenseCheck.html

If the LOR light bulb is in your system tray, right click and pick 'Unload Light-O-Rama' 

Go into the Windows Control Panel and uninstall the Light-O-Rama application (Typically under 'Programs and Features'). Don't worry about your existing sequences because they will stay in place.

Now we're going to wipe the LOR Registry entries. 

Now download this program: http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/4.2.10/LORRegistryWipe.exe

Run the LORRegistryWipe.exe program. 

This will clear out all LOR entries in the Windows Registry so it will be like your computer has never heard of Light-O-Rama before. 

Now reload the Light-O-Rama S3 or S4 package. If you don't already have the software the Light-O-Rama software downloads can be found at http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-dow... The latest version is at the top of the page and previous versions are located at the bottom of the page. It's a big file and could take several minutes to download so be patient.

When asked, you'll need to re-enter your Light-O-Rama License Key so use what you copied at the beginning of this process or find your license key here: http://lightorama.com/licenseCheck.html 
That's it! Your sequences are still in the same location on your computer hard drive as before.

Run your tests again.

DevMike,  I followed the steps in your post (uninstalled, used the registry wipe, restarted, then did a fresh install of version 4.3.14 and got this message after clicking on the Sequence Editor icon and go through the first time setup:

"Error: Path/File access error On step: Install Demos"  then this: "Light-O-Rama is not correctly installed"

Can't even open the sequence editor or visualizer now...

UPDATE:  I can get it to open if I click on the "unpatched.exe" file, but not the regular exe.

Edited by coachdove

Now you have a permissions problem (which is that path/file access error).  You don't have proper access for the user directory that you are telling the software you want to use, and we are unable to copy some demos in there.  Or it could be we have access to the directory, but some of the files in there we need to replace are marked as 'read only'.

If you are still having problems, please open a help desk ticket and we will get you going.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue, but not to the same extent. This only occurs once in awhile for me -- and when it does occur, I have no issue saving with a different name. Do I still need to go to the trouble of a clean re-install or is there maybe something else at play in my case?