Light-O-Rama Forums

Error loading sequence, channel group missing

roverdish

I worked hours manually sequencing Fire and Ice (Game Of Thrones). Sometime during the night my computer shut down for updates. When I try to reopen the sequence containing all my manual editing I get the message "Error Loading sequence" "Sequence contains no channel group with saved index 5426"

Any hints as to how I can recover the work?

I have a .lms.bak file but I cannot find how to use it to restore the .lms file.

Thanks for any help.

Chip

Thank you very much. I tried that earlier and the result was the same error message. I thought perhaps there was something I did not know about using the. Bak file besides removing the  Bak extension as a rename

Edited by roverdish
Misspelled

2 hours ago, dougd said:

I think to restore the bak file. Just rename to .lms remove the .bak

Unless something changed over the past couple years, I did this method in the past and worked just fine.

Perhaps both the .lms and the .bak files are corrupt. I will email Bob as he has wrestled with a similar issue in the past.

Sounds that way. Looks like someone will have to open up the .lms file in some sort of xml editor and fix it manually. That is outside my scope of knowledge.

PM sent. For future use, remember to save often with a new filename every time. That way you can just go back to the previous saved version. What I do is save the file with the revision date and with a time or revision letter. For example, a name of: Wizards in Winter 2016-08-01a.lms would be the first revision made today, or: Wizards in Winter 2016-08-01_1015 would be the revision saved at 1015 today.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android