Light-O-Rama Forums

Light O Rama Summer Sale?

cmulvey

On 26/07/2016 at 10:51 AM, DevMike said:

Then you should have come! :P:D

You should of seen the sneak peak at S5!!!!

On 7/25/2016 at 5:24 PM, Mr. P said:

Nobody knows if or when, you just have to sign up for the email notification and wait.

I hear that every time somebody asks, they push it later.  :D  Same thing with the Mad Grab sale.

3 minutes ago, scodavis said:

I hear that every time somebody asks, they push it later.  :D  Same thing with the Mad Grab sale.

If that were true there'd never be a sale. :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Don said:

If that were true there'd never be a sale. :)

Ain't that the truth.  I have had several people threaten me with death when told "We don't give hints, sign up with your eMail address".  

(Several = once a day for the last 2 months! :P)

14 hours ago, DevMike said:

Ain't that the truth.  I have had several people threaten me with death when told "We don't give hints, sign up with your eMail address".  

(Several = once a day for the last 2 months! :P)

Seriously?  Death?

I mean, I am really excited for the summer sale as I plan to buy two of the 8-flood kits for my 2017 display (I want to spend some time testing effects before programming my show).

But threats?  That's just wrong.

-Scott

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scodavis said:

Seriously?  Death?

I mean, I am really excited for the summer sale as I plan to buy two of the 8-flood kits for my 2017 display (I want to spend some time testing effects before programming my show).

But threats?  That's just wrong.

-Scott

Well.... Ok...  That is a bit of hyperbole.  But we do get customers (daily) who ask about a sale and when told 'no hints,sorry' vow to never buy from us again or that they will tell everyone on social media just how evil a huge company we are: "How dare they not have a sale or tell us when if they do and save us money!"  - as if it is a federal law that we have one :D

The same happens during a mad grab sale when we run out of something.  

Also funny are the people that try REALLY hard to pump us (the tech people) for information.  We tell them "They do NOT tell us when it will be." which is the swear-on-a-holy-book truth.  Mgmt (Dan and Mary) spares everyone from lying to you by purposely NOT telling us.  We like it that way.  Again, I can honestly say "I have absolutely NO idea when there will be a sale".  We (the worker bees) find out about 1 day beforehand because Dan likes us to proofread what he is going to send in the eMail blast.

Sit back.  Relax.  Enjoy life!  If you are just itching for some interaction with us, get your controllers in for repair now rather than later.  Because the longer you wait, the more babies I kill :P  (not really.  See link above).  Really though...  Get your repairs done now.

So we are asking the wrong question.

We need to be asking, "So how is that proofreading coming along"?

Almost done? (if so, that means the sale will follow shortly :) )

• Like 3

I actually like the surprise that comes with the sales. It generates a lot of buzz waiting for it and when it starts there is a bad dash to get what you want.

I've got some cash put away and I'm just waiting patiently. [emoji318]

Email from Light-O-Rama are marked as priority and show on the lock screen of my phone so I know I won't miss it. I'm almost ready, I just wish I had A LOT more money in reserve for sale day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

So we are asking the wrong question.

We need to be asking, "So how is that proofreading coming along"?

Almost done? (if so, that means the sale will follow shortly :) )

LOL!  

I will actually 'disappear' between the time I get that eMail and the announcement of the sale - for the same reason.  

Once we see that eMail, we start getting other things ready - help desk canned responses, the posts here about how the sale works, and everything else that we can do to pull work away from those who are going to be needed for picking/packing/shipping.   Those people will, at the height of the sale, be shipping 2-3 pallets worth of orders every day, 5-6 days a week, for more than 6 weeks.

My coding time dries up for almost a week after the announcement as I get pulled into answering tickets/phones full time.  I posted a graph around here somewhere that shows what happens the day we announce the sale when it comes to help desk stuff.  Not pretty :D

Rest up DevMike!  We want you sharp when the sale starts! :-) Appreciate all you & everyone else does there to keep us happy & lighting up the world!

• Like 1

Hello Mike,

Is company policy prohibiting to add an ethernetport to the new MP3 player?

Regards

Dick de Wit

The  Netherlands

Curiosity question only, why would you need an Ethernet port on an MP3 Director?   I just can't figure out why one would need one, or am I missing something that could be important? or beneficial here?

Edited by Orville

27 minutes ago, Orville said:

Curiosity question only, why would you need an Ethernet port on an MP3 Director?   I just can't figure out why one would need one, or am I missing something that could be important? or beneficial here?

For E1.31 DMX control.

I admit, it would be useful. That is a reason I think some people use FPP instead of LOR. They don't need a PC yet can run hundreds of thousands of pixels and more.

MP3 director + intensity files and LOR's standalone device has caught up with FPP.