Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing?

Dennis Cherry

I am just starting out sequencing for my first year and just received my equipment this week.

I have studied different ways of sequencing, by tapping, just setting a fixed timed interval, and making my own time intervals to the music.

I am not good at keeping time (tapper) with the music so I was wondering what way works for you and why?

I like to know the pro's and con's of the way you sequence.

Dennis

Dennis,

I never could get it right with the tapper wizard, then last year, LOR came out with the waveform which is what I use exclusively. I set my timing grid to .05 and then with the waveform, I can see the peaks, etc.

Dennis I tap, than go thru to see how much I'm off. when i find something that doesnt look right, under play- play range- (click)visible screen. that way I dont start from the begining of the song. also I use play speed going to 1/2 speed.

If you're using LOR I, then the best method is to set a fixed interval of .05. Then, use the tapper wizard to toggle a "Taps" channel on and off. Look at the "Taps" channel while doing your sequencing. And don't change the timing marks! This will mess up copy/paste.

However, if you're using LOR II (which everyone will this year), use the beat wizard to set the timing marks. You may have to run the beat wizard on just parts of the song at a time if it doesn't have the same strong beat throughout the whole song. On fast parts of the song, use "subdivide timing".

evana wrote:

Dennis I tap, than go thru to see how much I'm off. when i find something that doesnt look right, under play- play range- (click)visible screen. that way I dont start from the begining of the song. also I use play speed going to 1/2 speed.

Are you using LOR I or II? I cannot slow the song to 1/2 speed on LOR I using the tapper.

AM I doing something wrong?

Dennis

If I am remembering correctly, you cannot play the song 1/2 speed while tapping. What I think he is doing (as I do the same thing) is after you put your taps in you play the song 1/2 speed and watch your taps and adjust accordingly.

Ok that makes sense to go back at 1/2 speed, but can you pause in LOR I to fix timing then continue? Do I need LOR II for that?

Dennis

No, you can't pause, but you should set the play range to "Visible Screen". Play the current screen, fix the timing, then scroll to the right and play the next screen.