Light-O-Rama Forums

Kaleidoscope Projector?

LightsWithSoul

Has anyone used this Gemmy Kaleidoscope light in their display with LOR?: http://www.gemmy.com/Outdoor_Kaleidoscope_Spotlight_Multi_p/88579.htm

wondering if it would be safe to use with a controller just with full on/off commands. If anyone has experience using these with LOR please advise. Thanks guys :)

I don"t use that light but I do use one of the laser type that I turn on and off with lor ac controllers with out any problems .

I have 6 of these (3 red and 3 green) and tried to use with the LOR AC controller last year. They start off working good for about 30 seconds. They may light up...may not. They may light and not spin. But to use standalone... They are awesome and makes my house spooky looking. :)

16 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

I have 6 of these (3 red and 3 green) and tried to use with the LOR AC controller last year. They start off working good for about 30 seconds. They may light up...may not. They may light and not spin. But to use standalone... They are awesome and makes my house spooky looking. :)

Darn! Guess I'll be using them as steady atmospheric lights then. Definitely could still work very well in a Halloween display. Thank you for the response :D

You can get similar lights, which can be DMX controlled to change colour, speed and strobe effects, cheaply on Ebay.

14 hours ago, EmmienLightFan said:

You can get similar lights, which can be DMX controlled to change colour, speed and strobe effects, cheaply on Ebay.

Those ones on eBay and aliexpress die very fast and the dmx does not work on all of them, and for the ones dmx does work on the channel fragment is often wonky....... And plus you still need to figure out a enclosure.

This OP is also new and may not know anything about dmx yet.  

1 hour ago, canadianchristmas said:

Those ones on eBay and aliexpress die very fast and the dmx does not work on all of them, and for the ones dmx does work on the channel fragment is often wonky....... And plus you still need to figure out a enclosure.

This OP is also new and may not know anything about dmx yet.  

15 hours ago, EmmienLightFan said:

Thanks for the response guys. I am holding off on DMX as it's my first year and I don't want to over-complicate the setup.

• The topic was locked