Light-O-Rama Forums

Half of song cut off when imported into Audacity?

not enuf fuses

I have a Disney tune that's about 10 minutes long. I converted it to a wav file and when I import it into Audacity the audio stops at 6:42. I was able to copy a different song from the same album that's only about 2:30 long. Anyone know what's causing this? It's really frustrating. I can play the song in any audio player program but for the life of me I can't figure out why this happens or what a workaround could be.

Sounds like the file got broken when you comverted it. Why not just import the original file into Audacity and export it to to Wav from there when you're done editing it.

8 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Sounds like the file got broken when you comverted it. Why not just import the original file into Audacity and export it to to Wav from there when you're done editing it.

I was trying to import a file that I ripped directly from the CD. The whole ripped song plays in any other program. I can't get the whole song into Audacity.

Try cleaning  the CD with soap and water, dry throughly, and try  ripping it again.

I use Exact Audio Copy which  is freeware to do my ripping. It checks and tries to correct errors on damaged source discs

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/download/

38 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Try cleaning  the CD with soap and water, dry throughly, and try  ripping it again.

I use Exact Audio Copy which  is freeware to do my ripping. It checks and tries to correct errors on damaged source discs

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/download/

I will try Exact Audio Copy. The disc is clean and there's no skips in the ripped file that I can tell. Are you saying that a possible inaudible skip or pause can be the culprit? I was thinking that it's some kind of copyright protection.

Probably not copy protection although with Disney, who knows.  I'm thinking its a flaw in the file which Audacity doesn't like.

You don't have just part of the song selected in Audacity by any chance, do you? If you zoom way out how much of the waveform can you see.

9 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

You don't have just part of the song selected in Audacity by any chance, do you? If you zoom way out how much of the waveform can you see.

Nope. I import it and it ends at 6:45. Zoomed all the way out. I even put the cursor at 6:30 and hit play and it stops at 6:45.

I'm back to thinking its a flawed file or CD. wash it anyway, re-rip it and try again.

42 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I'm back to thinking its a flawed file or CD. wash it anyway, re-rip it and try again.

Will do, Phil.  I'll let you know what happens.

Edited by not enuf fuses

Even though you already own the actual cd, try iTunes or Amazon. Usually under $2 to get a digital copy. 

Even though you already own the actual cd, try iTunes or Amazon. Usually under $2 to get a digital copy. 

With Disney you can't always find older music and movies, they make they available and then unavailable all the time

• Like 1

I always use OJOsoft to convert my downloads to an mp3 then import to Audacity and do my editing.

• The topic was locked