Light-O-Rama Forums

Bad News. (A fictional Tale)

LightsWithSoul

I burst in to the waiting room at the doctor's office; partially cut strings of lights wrapped around my neck and draped over my shoulder. A soldering iron dangled out of my pocket, and a mini tree dragged behind me on a battered piece of spt1 wire that was stuck around my ankle. In an instant everyone in the room peered up at what was probably one of the most horrific scenes they'd experienced in their life. I breathed heavily and trembled as if suffering from an extreme withdrawal of some kind. Before a single thought occurred to me I blew past the receptionist and darted down the hall towards the nearest doctor I could find. After checking 3 rooms I found a doctor sitting down at a desk taking notes. I flew in and ran right up to him. "Doctor! Please, you have to help me! I have never felt this sick in my life!" Although he was clearly in shock of what was standing in front of him, he answered calmly. "What seems to be the proble-." He paused, and took the time to look me over for the majority of a minute. "Ahh. I see," he said as if he knew all too well. "You may need to sit down." He gestured to the chair that was just to the side of me. He then proceeded to tell me what was very likely the biggest realization of my medical history...in just a meager 5 seconds. "I'm sorry," he began. "I have bad news." "You have the CLAP." Safe to say that night the local 7/11 did not have a fraction of the amount of Tylenol I needed. Fortunately, they did have plenty of scotch. 

Of course the reality is my neighbor set up a large Light O Rama display and got me interested in it several years ago. But I'd like to think if he hadn't this might have been the start. But hey, there's still many years for that! Lol. Hope someone got a chuckle out of this. Not sure why I decided to write this, much less post it, but hey it's 4am, I'm bored and I can't sleep worth a darn. Now to build my third firestick frame and the mini trees...

I'm so sorry for the terminal diagnosis. I think it is the same disease that manifests it's self in 300 mile drives to get HDpe pipe in may and 2 day video conferencing binges to las vegas and kitchen table covered in raspberry pies that you can't eat good luck in your 12 step program.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• The topic was locked