Light-O-Rama Forums

Views of 2015 videos posted on LOR

Archer

My video listed under the 2015 heading indicates that it has been showing for 2 months (like most everybody else) with 1 view. I know how the one view got there....ME. I was at a friends house that is getting started in this habit helping and showing him what one of my sequences looks like and how to do some of the functions like copy, cut, fade and so on.... I then had him log onto the LOR webpage and then directed him to the 2015 videos as I watched to be sure he was doing it right. I had him select my video (duh) which was the sequence that I had just showed him on my laptop....he was beaming from ear to ear. Here it is 1 week later and my video on the LOR webpage is still showing only 1 view. I have since directed many family and friends to the LOR site and my video and it still shows only 1 view.....whats up with that? I know they are totally unrelated but this past week I have had 88 views from Vimeo. Anybody else notice the same phenomenon about their videos? 

kevinkolak.com

It's probably because they are all incandescents. The LED displays are viewed to the max. 

3 hours ago, Archer said:

it appears I'm the only one......hhmmm

Looks to me like nothing more than simple persecution.  Depending on how many people agree, it might even be maltreatment.  But I wouldn't take it any more seriously than that.

George .....you lost me on that one

Mega .....I was laughing before the echo of reading your comment left my empty skull.....I liked it!!!    Keep in mind those incandescents got me to 44 controllers, otherwise I'd be stuck at 3 or 4. 

As an experiment I put kevinkolak.com in my original post and had 120 hits on Vimeo the last 2 days all the while the LOR page still shows me at 1 view. To be fair, I did not put the LOR identifier in the post so shame on me for conducting a flawed experiment. I'll think better the next time.

281 KOLAK or kevinkolak.com

• Like 1

iI happened....somehow I climbed all the way up to 2 views on LOR all-the-while my Vimeo account for the last 7 days is at 141 loads... I find following both entertaining and perplexing so hang in there with me thru my experiment.

LOR video number 280 KOLAK or kevinkolak.com

• Like 1

I think the view count is from videos viewed through the Lightorama Christmas2015 YouTube channel and watching through the Lightorama website doesn't add to the view count.

BTW, watched your video (through YouTube channel) this morning. Great job!

Thanks MAG147 for your kind words and welcome to the forums. Having read your post and checking the count I'm still at 2. I'm an old guy so following this technology takes awhile to understand....not to say all old guys are like me....lol

At this point I know many of you are saying "let it go Archer, let it go" but its a mystery that keeps me (at the very least) entertained. I'm up to 3 views on the LOR Christmas Video page but over night my Vimeo account had over 125 hits giving it a 261 total for the week. MAG147 tried to explain how this is happening and someday it will sink in..... Tonight will end my one week experiment/investigation so I thank you all for putting up with me.

280 KOLAK (LOR)

kevinkolak.com powered by Weebly with links to Vimeo

It seems that the view count only increases when you find your video directly through youtube and not through the LOR site.  I played it through the LOR site with no view count increase.  When I searched for your video through the iPad app by searching for "280 Kolak" and played it.  I returned to the LOR site and the view count increased.  BTW if I just searched for your video on youtube by searching for "Kolak LOR" and it was not listed.  So, it might just be a case of youtube's search engine or the tags and description that was used.

Mystery solved.....I did the same thing you did and it increased from 5 to 6. I checked my Vimeo account and it went up from 125 to 178 (just today) in the same time frame. So I have now had 6 views from youtube in the last week and 314 from my Vimeo account in the same time frame. This is what MAG147 was probably telling me but I didn't catch on. Thanks for your help.....topic is now closed/solved.

280 KOLAK on youtube (via LOR's post)

kevinkolak.com powered by Weebly with links to Vimeo

• The topic was locked