Light-O-Rama Forums

New sequance

Larry Leonhardt

Ok, i have made a intro to my show, 70 channels, with 7 tracks, and hava saved this config, so i can use it in other sequances, but when i start a new sequance, it ask how many channels, i say 70. then when i import channel config, it adds them to the 70, making 140. What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Larry Leonhardt

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

Ok, i have made a intro to my show, 70 channels, with 7 tracks, and hava saved this config, so i can use it in other sequances, but when i start a new sequance, it ask how many channels, i say 70. then when i import channel config, it adds them to the 70, making 140. What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Larry Leonhardt

I do it differently. I don't open a new file and then import the sequences. I save the whole things as a "template" file. When I want to create other sequences, I just open the file and immediately save it as the new sequence name and work from there.

Make sense?

This is essentially what I've been doing and I don't have any problems. If I create a new musical sequence or animation with say 72 channels and import my 72 channel/multiple track config, I end up with 72 channels. I've also tried a couple of other combinations and the results are what you would expect:
16 channel initial -- import 72 channel config = 72 channels
100 channel initial -- import 72 channel config = 100 channels
Can you duplicate this problem if you export a new channel config and import it into another sequence?

Mark

When i start a new musical sequance, then a new box opens, { New Musical sequance options } if i check don't ask me this again, it works right.

Hi Larry,

It shouldn't be working that way. If it's not too much of a problem, could you please send me copies of:

• The channel config file
  • The sequence you exported to create that channel config file
  • A sequence with 70 channels before importing that channel config file
  • That same sequence after importing that channel config file

Thanks.