Light-O-Rama Forums

Mad Grab Deliveriy

aumann1968

Got My e-mail notice on thursday, checking the tracking this morning, it is in southern wisconsin, should be here on Monday.  Not bad, 10 days. I am still happy with the shipping cost, 34 pounds- cost $37.00. Some stuff I have ordered in the past from other places, they rape you on the shipping.  If it cost as much, or more for the shipping then the cost of the product, its a problem. I ordered a $10.00 part once, and the shipping was $17.00, that just wrong.

Hats of to LOR for being a quality vender.

Gary

On 4/14/2016 at 2:03 PM, aumann1968 said:

How long does the standard delivery take for the Mad Grab sale items? I see some buyers have mentionedreceiving the orders but I don't even have a tracking number to see if products are being shipped yet. Anxious for the new controllers to arrive.

These guys aren't amazon with 2-day prime shipping! You have to remember that in a very short timeframe, these guys had many orders coming in!  As long as you received your confirmation after placing the order during the mad grab, rest assured your order is processing and will be on it's way!  I'm only a couple hundred miles away from LOR and just yesterday I received my shipping acknowledgement and I had completed my mad grab purchase by 9:03!  within a few days I'll be playing with some great mad grab items!!!

On the bottom of every sale page was this - "Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for Delivery"

MiniDirectorSalePage.jpg

FYI 2:  That is a screen capture of the page when the sale was going on.  The sale is NOW OVER and the price of the Mini Director is back to the normal $129.95.  No you can not have the sale price.

In no way was i complaining or expecting something amazing. LOR is a great company and ive been doing this for many years. So i have nothing but good things to say about LOR. I was just looking for information. Like most companies I'm sure FIFO is typical. I'm guessing im high on the list since i put my order in with the first couple of minutes. I was just wondering if LOR has posted "maybe" we have recieved "X" oders and we have completed/shipped "X" orders. I know the MAD grad sale is big but how BIG. Just a nice thought to keep people informed. I'm sure with the amout of orders there is bond to have some go missing and how would you ever know if that was you.

Again i Love LOR great company and amazing support.

Daniel

On April 15, 2016 at 2:55 PM, dknahoolewa said:

So those of you that received shipping info or your order, how fast did you get your order in?

I completed my order within 3min and I still have no word on my order. Has LOR posted or commented about a time frame for orders?

Same here. I ordered within the first 5 mins and Status still shows blank?. I live in South Texas

Edited by Morales Home

I can not wait for my order to arrive. For the first time I will have RGB's (Dummy) in my Christmas Display, and a 16 more channels than last year.

I check my order status everyday hoping to see a tracking number.

• Like 1

My two controllers were delivered in So. Calif. just after lunch today.  Now I get to swap out the old ones next weekend :D

My mad grab was delivered today!! So excited! Can't wait till this weekend when I can start playing with them! :)

~Matt

Thanks for all of the responses! It showed up today and I am ready to start on this years show.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, dknahoolewa said:

In no way was i complaining or expecting something amazing. LOR is a great company and ive been doing this for many years. So i have nothing but good things to say about LOR. I was just looking for information. Like most companies I'm sure FIFO is typical. I'm guessing im high on the list since i put my order in with the first couple of minutes. I was just wondering if LOR has posted "maybe" we have recieved "X" oders and we have completed/shipped "X" orders. I know the MAD grad sale is big but how BIG. Just a nice thought to keep people informed. I'm sure with the amout of orders there is bond to have some go missing and how would you ever know if that was you.

Again i Love LOR great company and amazing support.

Daniel

Got my shipping notice yesterday. good to know my order didn't get lost in the madness.

12 hours ago, debtoews said:

All of mine got here today!

I bet that was a big delivery! ?

~Matt

On 4/19/2016 at 6:50 PM, k6ccc said:

My two controllers were delivered in So. Calif. just after lunch today.  Now I get to swap out the old ones next weekend :D

Next weekend is here and both new controllers are in place.  I now have every lighting controller on an enhanced network, and the only thing left on my non-enhanced Regular network is the InputPup (since you can't do inputs on an enhanced network).  The landscape lighting show should start in about a half hour as I type this, but everything has been tested and is working just fine :P:D.

Not that I need to, but I just might write a new landscape lighting sequence in SuperStar just so I CAN run the landscape lighting as an intensity file. It would be a good test since everything will be on intensity files for Christmas....

54 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I now have every lighting controller on an enhanced network, and the only thing left on my non-enhanced Regular network is the InputPup (since you can't do inputs on an enhanced network).  The landscape lighting show should start in about a half hour as I type this, but everything has been tested and is working just fine :P:D.

Show came on and panic set in!  None of the lights on either of the new controllers came on :angry:.  What did I miss?  How come my new Gen 3 controllers are not working - even though they did when I tested using the hardware utility?

Checked both sequences and everything was right (I had moved a bunch of channels around as part of the network changes).  Maybe the new controllers are not working with an enhanced network.  So I changed my AuxA network to non-enhanced and restarted the show.  All five of those lights came on properly.  Changed AuxA network back to enhanced and restarted the show - no lights from the new controllers- HOLY CRAP!

OK, what firmware version are these two controllers?  What is the current version?  Turns out that both were several versions back.  Updated firmware as follows:

CTB08Dg3 updated from Ver. 1.00 to Ver. 1.02

CTB16PCg3 updated from Ver. 1.06 to Ver. 1.08

Restarted the show and both controllers are working with the firmware update - whew :D:D!  I did not think that any G3 controllers version would not work on an enhanced network.

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

OK, what firmware version are these two controllers?  What is the current version?  Turns out that both were several versions back.  Updated firmware as follows:

CTB08Dg3 updated from Ver. 1.00 to Ver. 1.02

CTB16PCg3 updated from Ver. 1.06 to Ver. 1.08

Restarted the show and both controllers are working with the firmware update - whew :D:D!  I did not think that any G3 controllers version would not work on an enhanced network.

Jim. I got two gen 3 controllers as well in the mad grab.  I haven't had time to open boxes yet and probably won't for another month or so. So, I need to update firmware which is fine but you have to update to..... oops, nevermind should of let my coffee sink in first before I comment.  I saw the two separate firmware updates and thought I had to update one at a time meaning version 1.00 to 1.02 then to next level version until it was up to date.  now I see you updated two different controllers!  Doh!

Correct.  Two controllers of different types.  I was a bit surprised that both had old enough firmware that they could not handle an enhanced network.