Light-O-Rama Forums

Mad Grab - What Did You Get?!

EmmienLightFan

Picked up a pair of the 50w RGB floods to put under my trees. I did get the are you a robot question.

I noticed that things sold out a lot slower this year. In fact they still have pxcon16's. I'm tempted to get one to play with.

Realized this morning that I should have gotten more SPT wire since I have a new controller box, but it's sold out now.  Oh well.  I'll get it next time around.

Oh....  Forgot to mention....

I tried to merge all the different 'this is what I got' threads into this single one just to keep things clean.  Sorry if it looks a little funky.  Go ahead and feel free to update people on what you got here :)

8 hours ago, TonyD said:

I had a problem with my CC also and had to go to PayPal. I had to do it on my phone, maybe i got tripped up by the "robot" question because for some reason that section of the page didn't render very well on the phone.

The robot question did not render well on my desktop either.  Its container was too small so I had to zoom out to see the checkbox.   It used a few seconds in the heat of the 100 yard dash. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

That robot thing is something new that Yahoo (who hosts our store) is doing.  There must have been issues with Yahoo storefronts and automated systems, so they added that as a check to ensure you are human.  It's called a 'capcha', and I hate them too.  Until we have a reliable Voight-Kampff machine, it's the best they can do :D

Why would a replicant want light controllers?      We need 5 more questions to see if they are real.

article004-1.jpg

I'm really surprised at some of the stuff that's still available - now almost 19 hours after the sale started.  I just made my second purchase a few minutes ago.

3 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Why would a replicant want light controllers?      We need 5 more questions to see if they are real.

Describe in single words, only the good things that come to your mind -- About your mother.

54 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I'm really surprised at some of the stuff that's still available - now almost 19 hours after the sale started.  I just made my second purchase a few minutes ago.

You DO know that just because they still have stuff on sale doesn't mean you need to buy more.  :D

17 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

:huh: T.W.E.N.T.Y. . . . T.H.R.E.E...?? :o

I don't even want to think about ever having to program 23 controllers... 

Good luck!

~Matt

I was running 38 of them at one point. Now I am not running any. Doing all RGB.

I got 4 CCP100 with controller and 2 8 pack ribbon with cotroller and 5 his speed usb-rj controller. Thank you Light-O-Rama.

18 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

:huh: T.W.E.N.T.Y. . . . T.H.R.E.E...?? :o

I don't even want to think about ever having to program 23 controllers... 

Good luck!

~Matt

Matt- we do a show with 16 houses....I currently have 34 controllers now plus this 19 ( 4 controllers are for a friend) so a total of 42 controllers plus 12 CCR controllers.......The spreadsheet in the sequencer is GIGANTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    yes we are crazy but it sure is cool as hell  :-)

3 hours ago, George Simmons said:

You DO know that just because they still have stuff on sale doesn't mean you need to buy more.  :D

Don't let Dan hear you say that!

Well, it goes like this.  Today I have two controllers that won't run on an enhanced network.  One is a 16 channel AC controller in the attic that runs four channels during my landscape lighting and an additional six for Christmas.  The other is an ancient 8 channel AC controller that runs exactly one channel year round - and that channel is only 100% on (it's a security light next to the parked cars).  I want to move everything to enhanced networks so I can sequence everything in SuperStar and use intensity files from SS to control the show.  I have to leave one of the three LOR networks as non-enhanced because I use inputs which won't work on an enhanced network.  All three LOR network cables pass through a junction box right next to the 8 channel controller in the garage, so leaving that controller on the non-enhanced network would not be a real problem.  Replacing the 16 channel controller in the attic was far more important.  Therefore, my priority when the sale started was the replacement Third generation 16 channel controller in the attic.  That controller was also expected to sell out very quickly.  So when the sale started, I grabbed the one 16 channel controller and quickly completed the purchase. 

This morning I did a little money calculation (I'm also placing a Ray Wu order today), and determined that I could go ahead and replace the 8 channel controller - hence the second order....

I'm done...

6 hours ago, debtoews said:

Matt- we do a show with 16 houses....I currently have 34 controllers now plus this 19 ( 4 controllers are for a friend) so a total of 42 controllers plus 12 CCR controllers.......The spreadsheet in the sequencer is GIGANTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    yes we are crazy but it sure is cool as hell  :-)

Debtoews  I had to go check out your videos after reading your post.  Very nice   I really enjoyed the halloween  videos.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, debtoews said:

The spreadsheet in the sequencer is GIGANTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be big, but I am sure that it is much smaller than a large pixel display!

I always think that one channel of 110v is better than 1 channel of pixels.

Debtoews  I had to go check out your videos after reading your post.  Very nice   I really enjoyed the halloween  videos.

Where did you find videos

22 hours ago, George Simmons said:

But, I just can't help myself from buying MORE and saving MORE money:lol: