Light-O-Rama Forums

Cut Paste Animation

Harbs

I was wondering is there any way to cut and paste in the animation

window? Takes a long time to set it up if you have a reasonable size display.

Would be nice if you could cut and paste items like arches and mini trees..

Harbs

I am wanting to cut and paste one item. For example, I will be using

6 arches in my display and I do not want to have to draw each arch.

I would like to cut and paste the arches if possible. If possible, how do

you paste it to a new channel in the animation window.

Rick

We are looking into a "better" way to make an animation however it is not exactly simple. For example if you had an arch that you wanted to copy/paste, then that arch would be made up of perhaps 16 different channels. When you copied it than pasted it you would still have to go through and change all the channels in the arch. which is still a lot of work.

LightORamaDan wrote:

We are looking into a "better" way to make an animation however it is not exactly simple. For example if you had an arch that you wanted to copy/paste, then that arch would be made up of perhaps 16 different channels. When you copied it than pasted it you would still have to go through and change all the channels in the arch. which is still a lot of work.

Now I don't know how everyone else works, but when I am drawing my animation, I am often going sequentially through controller channels, so for me, it would be handy if it worked like an Excel spreadsheet fill command... when you paste the second arch, it just goes on to the next 16 channels, for example.

For that matter, even if you had to change the channels manually, it would still be nice to be able to paste the actual drawing. Maybe when you paste the drawing it could pop up a box allowing you to either continue the channels on sequentially or edit them as in the grid in sequence editor.

LightORamaDan wrote:

This would still work for situations like:

I drew this 16 channel mega tree right in the middle of where I need to draw something else. Let me cut / paste it over here.

THAT in itself would be great!

pixeldigger wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
This would still work for situations like:

I drew this 16 channel mega tree right in the middle of where I need to draw something else. Let me cut / paste it over here.

THAT in itself would be great!

good point!

Oh great powers of LOR, I plead of thee, can cut and paste in animation make it's way into the next gamma release? I have to do 28 leaping arches in various places soon and this would save me a LOT of time.

Any chance in the next 30 days or so?