Light-O-Rama Forums

Feeback on Windows 10 compatibility

paulanator

Hey Gang,

I was looking for some feedback on Windows 10 and how well it works with LOR.

I am building a new system, and my main interest is how well it works with the software.

Thanks

It works fine with LOR. However it has some issues that create a problem while running the show or programming. Number one problem there is no way to control automatic updates. Your only recourse for this problem is to unplug the computer from the network unless you do one of the many workarounds. Windows 10 is not very media-friendly. No way to play DVDs unless you download something. The music player uses more resources and is more complicated than it needs to be. Windows 10 in general isn't bad but it's constantly streaming things off the internet and has a lot of stuff running in the background. For a show computer Windows 7 does just fine. I have both Windows 10 and Windows 7 nothing in between

I have been using the latest release of LOR on Windows 10 since 10 came out. I have had no issues except the issue with Windows update and I fixed that. In Windows update to to advanced options and select "Notify to schedule restart" instead of automatic. That way Windows will not update when you are playing a show.

• Like 1