Light-O-Rama Forums

error message

Paul Mesaros

I need help starting sequencing please. What am I doing wrong? I click on file, new sequence, then click on my song, then open, the page comes up for artist name,song title,how many chanels and etc. I fill that in then click OK. The next page that comes up has VU wizard beat wizard etc. But the entire page is all greyed out with an error box showing that says beat wizard error box - Can't Init. Conver. Where did I go wrong Everything was OK for the first 3 songs. Now I can't get to my next songs. Anyone with ideas please and thank you? Paulj

Did this all happen in a single run of the program (i.e. you did three songs, and tried the fourth, without closing the Sequence Editor), or did you close the Sequence Editor in between?

What happens if you close the Sequence Editor and try it again?

What happens if you try it on a different song?

What happens if you copy one of the songs that it worked on to a new filename, and try it on that?

I have a similar problem...I download an album from AMAZON with several MP3 songs. When I try to use one of the songs in a music sequence I get a "init conversion" error. Every thing else seems to be OK, the song plays, the TAPPER wizzard works but the UV and BEAT wizzard do not, get that error for both. I have several MP3 and WMA songs copied from my CDs through the MS Media Player and these work fine -- NO INIT CONVERSION error. What is so special about AMAZON MP3 songs?

I did notice that the downloaded bit rate was 320kbps as opposed to 128kbps for my converted tunes that work -- is this the problem?

H E L P,
Dan

Can each of you please tell me exactly what the error message says, word for word, no abbreviations?

There should be two parts to it: the title bar of the message box and the text inside the message box. I am interested in both.

Thanks.

Dtedebear wrote:

I have a similar problem...I download an album from AMAZON with several MP3 songs. When I try to use one of the songs in a music sequence I get a "init conversion" error. Every thing else seems to be OK, the song plays, the TAPPER wizzard works but the UV and BEAT wizzard do not, get that error for both. I have several MP3 and WMA songs copied from my CDs through the MS Media Player and these work fine -- NO INIT CONVERSION error. What is so special about AMAZON MP3 songs?

I did notice that the downloaded bit rate was 320kbps as opposed to 128kbps for my converted tunes that work -- is this the problem?

H E L P,
Dan

Could you please email one of the files that does not work to support@lightorama.com.

Also try using Audacity to re-encode the MP3 files (Export it as a MP3 in Audacity).

OK, I opened and exported one of the offending files in Audacity as a MP3. It was converted to 128kbps on export. Now the LOR II software can convert the song and the BEAT and UV features are working. May be a bug in the LOR software with higher quality tunes.

I don't really remember exactly if the Sequence Editor was closed between songs. My best guess is that it wasn't. Three songs work just fine - Beat wizard, etc but 3 others will not. I changed one to WAV and it didn't make any difference.

Closing the Sequence Editor did not help anything. The attempts were done over a three day period.

Three different songs - downloaded from Amazon and WalMart - get the error.

I am going to try Dtedebear's solution and hopefully I will be as successful as he. I will let you know.

Thanks all

Paul

I am happy to report that the suggested workaround of running the songs through Audacity and exporting them as MP3 128kbps was exactly right. No more INIT CONVERSION error. I am back on track. Many thanks to all!

Paul

I don't think the bit rate is the problem - I tried using Audacity to export one of these files to 320 kbps (which is the same rate as it started with), and it worked fine after doing so.