Light-O-Rama Forums

Way to create template for musical sequences??

Guest guest

Hi all,

First of what a great forum. I put in a post yesterday and received several replies and help. I was up last night until almost midnight creating sequences, very cool. Here is my question. I have created a template with channel names (16), colors and animation setup for non musical sequences which saves me a lot of time when starting a new one. However, I cannot see how to do that with the musical sequences. When I start one I am asked for the audio file, and then a blank sequence. If any of you have figured this out I would be very grateful. I cannot wait to get my controller in the mail.

flanman

flanman,

Not sure if this will help or not.

In my case I create the first muscial sequence, set up all the channels, colors, animation. You can export your channel configuration - I believe it's under the Edit menu.

Then when you do your next musical sequence - you can use the Tapper wizard and mark the beats and then just import the channel configuration from previous sequence (including the animation).

-Rob

I'm pretty new at LOR but if I understand your question correctly, I think I have your answer. I assume you have done "Export Channel Configuration" for your channel names/colors and have saved that .llc file in your sequences folder. All you do is start your musical sequence, tell it the correct number of channels, tap it out, and once you do that, go back to Edit>Import Channel Configuration, and load that .llc file from the sequences folder. If I totally missed what you were asking, I appologize, but hope that helps.

Thank you both. You were correct. I just started using the software last night, and doing a lot of learning. I was able to export and import channel info yeah.. I have almost finished my first musical sequence today.

flanman