Light-O-Rama Forums

New LOR intro page....

Guest guest

hey everyone it looks like EVERYONE is getting a facelift at the same time. The LOR page now is updated, and I have to say I love the layout. Good job dan, and did I see this right that next year will bring WIRELESS connectivity, and pre-programmed sequences as well as more hardware?? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey dan, I swear you should have been paying me today. For some reason I had like 3-4 e-mails from new people asking about carson's video, how to do it, etc. I was a ambassador for pc, and told them everything. I actually believe that BOTH of them ended up talking to you. One guys name was Todd witte, and the other gentleman was a guy by the name of bill from Ohio. I was talking him through the demo while he was on the phone with you asking about ordering, and you told him to think about what he wanted and then order it online. The other gentleman was going to order 5 16 channel controllers for the first year. I hope you don't mind I told them the good, the bad, and the ugly of computer control. I told them about AL, and LOR. After conversations with both of the nice guys they said they were going to go with LOR. I did however tell the to crawl before they run, so if they don't order as much I am sorry, just trying to save you and them a few headaches. lol I told them it was a HUGE learning curve, and they really needed more than 2 weeks to learn it. Congrats on being so busy. CHA CHING!!!!!! By the way do I get commision?? You know they order 7 controllers I get 1 for free?? If you need my address just let me know. lol:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dan it looks good but, on dial-up the navagation bar taks a miniute to load. I dont know how many people have dial-up but for me I know that I am looking for it, if I was a complete stranger and went their I would probaly leave because I would think I was stuck.

--Daniel L

Dan it looks good but, on dial-up the navagation bar taks a miniute to load. I dont know how many people have dial-up but for me I know that I am looking for it, if I was a complete stranger and went their I would probaly leave because I would think I was stuck.

--Daniel L

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

DIAL UP, does that still exist???? lol:P
Actually there are tons of folks that are not broadband. The little flash thing at the top of the page is only 35K... With dialup it should take 10 second or less to get it downloaded.

Daniel wrote:

--Daniel L
Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi steve and all,

since my dad showed me Carson's video on thanksgiving day, (ok he and his retired buddies know just enough about computers so they can send dirty joke emails to each other :laughing: ). I got some valuable info from Steve, Jeff, Don and Carson himself (talked to him the saturday after turkey day) after listening to all your years of advice and wisdom here is what i was able to decipher from your advice:

get wife's Citibank platinum card :]and buy the following all are either ordered or sitting in garage or in yard, or in trees, or on house or still hidden in my expedition so wife:X doesn't see what i bought )

LOR: 5 -16 channel controllers, software

Daryl-12 curtain strobes, black-out lite tips

Target: about 1200' of green extension cords that were already on sale.-nice cords!

Home Depot, Target: 22,500 lites (various combinations)

Ben franklin crafts-green easles for mini trees-22 with 300 lites

Mega tree: 21' green pole (actually will be 19' above ground) with 8000 lites-pole and sleeve from local security fence company-if you pay a little extra they will get it for you in green vs the standard galvanized silver. :tree:

Ramsey: FM 35wt transmitter and TM100 antenna (btw, for an xtra $50 they will make the antenna for you complete-this is good to know for any of you that might also have twin 15 month old boys-and can't get anything done until they go to bed, when its nice a cold and dark outside:smilingelf::smilingelf:)

now all i need is some time and a little help from my friends to get it all out of the boxes and assembled. while this may be small in comparison to you big dogs, i hope to catch up to you all by next year or the following year....:laughing:

btw, has anyone experimented with the 4 channel c7,c9 strings sets from http://www.brightideaslights.com? talked with bob (owner) today about it and sounds kinda neat the way you can make them chase each other or use different colors in positions 1,2,3,4.

still looking for a nice tree topper for a 19' mega tree. So in closing, Carson's video enlightened me to a new hobby i had never heard, seen or thought of and for which i am truley greatful to who ever sent that video to my father. a big jolly THANK YOU to whoever you are.

Cheers,

a gotta have-it now lite lunatic from Dork, PA :smilingelf:

ps..many thanks to others that have emailed me on some other "how to" info like Zac and Dave and before any of you grammer geeks slam me for mispelling lights-i happen to like the look of "LITES" over the proper spelling.:cryingdevil: