Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2.0.12 playback speed

Dale W

When I play a song (either in MP3 or wav) using 1/2 speed, the song is not true to the sequence.

For what ever reason, my song is off about 0.25 seconds when playing "visible screen". Is it just me?

Dale

On my (Windows XP Pro) system, LOR II refused to play a WAV file in 1/2 speed. It said something about Media Player being unable to play that format in 1/2 speed.

A MP3 would play at 1/2 speed, but I haven't (yet) checked the timing against the events.

I am using VISTA and got that same message. So, when I went to MP3, I did not get the message, but the music did not sync up with the sequence.

And when I allowed WMP to convert the wav file, it still did not work.

Dale W wrote:

When I play a song (either in MP3 or wav) using 1/2 speed, the song is not true to the sequence.

For what ever reason, my song is off about 0.25 seconds when playing "visible screen". Is it just me?

Dale

Blimey Dale!!!

Sorry to but in on this thread (please bare in mind I am unable to help). There is obviously a flaw here, as you are an experienced user of LOR, and have helped lots of other users with your skills including me.

I really hope someone on the forum or LOR can answer your question.

I'll be watching :shock:

Pete.

More details: After playing with the sequence, I have observed that I get a pop-up when I try to play it at half speed. The message states "Windows Media Player does not support speed control for this file. Do you want to attempt to make a copy that will work? Y/N

After pressing yes, the sequence does not behave properly regardless of if it is MP3 or WAV format.

Furthermore, I was able to use audacity to somehow create an audio file that did not give me that message and it works.

Now I am really stumped.

Dale W wrote:

After pressing yes, the sequence does not behave properly regardless of if it is MP3 or WAV format.

By "does not behave properly", do you mean what you described in the original post (i.e. lights/music mismatched when played back at half speed) or do you mean something else?

Thanks.

I experienced this in both LOR I and II (gamma).

Now for me, I was just assuming it was my laptop (or integrated sound card) that couldn't keep up.

I've tried using the reduced speed ... and then found it really wasn't in sync ... so I stopped using that feature. It just seemed to be mis-aligned one way or the other.

I had that problem too with LOR I and MP3's. But when you used the wav formatted songs, I never had a problem with the playback speeds.

After using it, I can not imagine sequencing without it.

That is why this was a bit frustrating, because I am in the middle of pegging down some vocals and can't get it (well, I can now because I got my audio files fixed somehow).