Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I turn sequences into a show ?

Guest guest

Hello All...

I'll be buying 64 ch of LOR in (of course) April, and have been working on getting some songs sequenced. I have my radio transmitter all set, and am hunting for all the lights I'll need to pull this off. But some questions linger... How do I take the songs I've sequenced so far and group them together into a show ? Now suppose that the show lasts, say, 12 minutes (3 songs, 4 minutes each, now that you've told me how to stitch them together). I want the show to kick off every half hour, and for the remaining 18 minutes of that half hour, I want a bunch of the channels to come on for a static display, then repeat. I don't have a clue as to how to accomplish that. I know you guys have the answers, and there is plenty of time to get this ready, so this isn't urgent... but inquiring minds want to know.

Thank you all so much for all your input to this board, and the time you take to explain this stuff to newbies like me. (I should be spending my "spare" time researching things for my reef tank, but PC has me hooked !) Can hardly wait for Christmas...

Dave Town

You use the SHOW EDITOR program to assemble the sequences - you can put the sequences in a specific order or (if I recall correctly) have them play randomly.

I don't use the "static show" approach, but I'll venture a guess that you can create an 18-minute sequence with whatever you want on. And you can put that in the SHOW EDITOR to run at the end of your 12-minute show.

And using the SCHEDULE EDITOR program you can schedule your show to run on the half-hour or whenever you want. You'll just create several entries for each starting time.

That's roughly it -- when you look at the SHOW EDITOR and SEQUENCE EDITOR it will make perfect sense to you. They come as part of the total software package (but not in the demo).

Ahhhh... thanks for the reply... A little deeper poking around on the LOR site and I found the programs you referred to. They must not come with the demo version. Now I get it.

Thanks again...

D.T.

d.t,

you should seriously look into purchasing the software .now, the price will soon go up.

A little off topic but, how big is your reef tank?

i have a 90 gallon salt aggresive in my living room,

and a 240 that is cycling, built in the wall in my game room, it will be aggresive salt tank also

bob