Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Message HELP

Brandon Bascelli

Hello. New to LOR. Purchased version 1 of the LOR sequence programs and downloaded the new gamma version. I found a template of the TSO - Christmas Eve Song and have been working on it ALOT to modify it to my 32 controllers. I went to open the file and I'm getting an "error loading sequence" error that says expected equal sign. It looks like its trying to load and once it gets half way the error pops up. Has anyone experienced this and if so is there a fix. I would hate to start over. I'm crossing my fingers that someone can help me out.

Thanks,

Brandon

Jax, FL

You did not say what kind of operating system you have.

I have VISTA and had this same type of problem after downloading LOR I to the new computer.

There is a setting that you need to switch that will allow you to open up your sequence file and music.

It could be that the default is set for a .wav file and your file is MP3.

If this is what is happening, it might be fixed by going into the tool bar.

Click "EDIT"

Scroll down to "PREFERENCES"

Click over to "DISPLAY PREFERENCES"

uncheck the "View Wave Form by Default"

See if the backup file can be opened. Go to 'My DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences' and copy the 'sequence-name.bak' file to a new file with the extension .lms instead of .bak and then try to open it in LORII. It's a longshot, but worth a try.

Mark

I agree with Mark - check for the backup file.

Also, could you send me a copy of the file that's giving you the problem? It's possible that I might be able to fix it for you, at least to some degree, but it would at least help me see what's going on.

Thanks.

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA! I want to first thank everyone for the help. I found the backup file and copied it and then converted it to from bak to lms and IT WORKED. I had nightmares last night about having to start over.

ONCE AGAIN, THANKS!!!!!!!

zz164 wrote:

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA! I want to first thank everyone for the help. I found the backup file and copied it and then converted it to from bak to lms and IT WORKED. I had nightmares last night about having to start over.

ONCE AGAIN, THANKS!!!!!!!

Glad to hear it worked. It might not be a bad idea to use the 'Save-as' function every now and then - at least for this sequence since you still don't know what caused the problem. I'll sometimes save a sequence as filename-a then filename-b and alternate back and forth saving every 15 minutes or so. Worst case is if the .lms and the .bak file became corrupted, you could revert to the alternate version. Also might be a good time to review your overall data backup strategy - multiple backup sets, offsite storage, etc. This is one area where I am probably overly cautious. 15 years as a network admin taught me a lot of lessons on disaster preparedness. I have a NAS unit at home with mirrored drives that I use for my local daily backups. I try to image my computer drives once a month so if I have a drive failure, I can get back up fairly quickly. I also have another unit offsite that is automatically replicated.

Mark