Light-O-Rama Forums

Select entire channel

bdwillie

Is there an easy way in sequencer editor to select an entire channel for a copy command?  Say I had one channel done throughout the entire song, and want several other channels to do the exact same thing.  So far the only way I have found to do it is to click the first block of the channel I want to copy, then either hold and drag to the end of the song (pain in the butt) or click the first block, scroll to the end and shift click the last block, and then hit copy.

Is there some magical key combo that would let me click just the first block of the channel to select the entire channel?  Like a control-A would work in Microsoft??

Confused minds just gotta know!!!

Bob

I always just click the block then select row. Selecting row with select the whole row without having to drag anything. After selecting row you can copy all effects in that row and then paste where you want.

I always have a "Spare Channel" (IE have 32 channels but in sequence editor have 33) so I can copy paste whole rows and move rows. It also comes in handy if you have a clip in a sequence that repeats later in the song, instead of having to go digging for it in the middle of a sequence, its easily available.

PS if you select to use the whole row option, remember that you need to paste it back at the first block in destination row.

Also, if what you want is only the portion of the row from where you are to the end (in other words, ignore the prior parts), click a box in the grid for the beginning, and then <shift> END.

• Like 1

To select the entire row via keyboard, (1) Home, (2) Shift-End.  The first ("Home") brings you to the first cell in the row, and the second ("Shift-End") both brings you to the last cell in the row ("End") and expands the selection ("Shift").

Thanks everyone!

That got it several ways!!

Also discovered the multiple clipboard tool! 

Now to get busy!