Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Sequencing trouble

Guest guest

I have done a few songs in the LOR share ware program. I have some what of a good understanding with the workings of it.

What I'm experiencing
after putting a commands in a block or two and running the program at "Normal, 1/2, 1/4" the block will NOT light the Channel button to the left.

If i tell the program to "play Range" either selection "visible Screen" or " Selection" will do the same, as of writing this I have not tried "Full Sequence" because I'm only in the song for less that 5 seconds.

If I tell the program to "play range" Visible, or Selection, and turn on " Loop at End" every 3rd or 4th play through the Channel Button will light, showing it was selected but will repeat the no light again. Remember this is NOT the full blown verson.
I have tried saving Numerous time even after the sequence showed "all" channels working properly.

This has not happened to the other songs I have done, but is doing it to all I am trying to create at this point. I have even tired to re install the program from scratch. saving all my finished sequences in a isolated folder. Nothing I have don't at this point seems to correct this problem.

As for the computer being part of the problem I'm not sure, could be, but I doubt it.
What I'm working with is
Windows XP Home Edition
1gig AMD Possessor
224mg of Ram

Thank You in Advance
Rich_in_NJ

Dan

Thank You for the speedy response.

E-mail sent, looking forward towards your response and hopefully a solution

What I did just notice is if I use the option ON the problem happens, Channel selection does not matter, it happens to all of them at different intervals. If I make the ON a RAMP the problem goes away. as of sending the Ramps are 0-100 up and 100-0 down and intensity is set at 50%, I guess that is default.

I am using 0.05 timing.

Again
Thank You in Advance
Rich_in_NJ

Hi Rich,

Received the email and we took a look at the sequences you sent. I am going to confirm this with the programmer who wrote the Sequence Editor but here is what I think is happening:

You have some short ON events ( 1/20 of a second )... As you stated the channel names do not always blink ON/OFF as you pass those events when playing the sequence.

First I want you to know that the lights connected to a controller will always blink with those commands... they never miss. BUT the button's colors are updated less than 20 times a second... So in many cases a 1/20 of a second flash is missed.... I will check with the programmer to see if we can update the buttons more frequently or perhaps do it a different way so that there is less chance of us missing it.

Again be assured that the lights themselves will flash...

Dan,

Hope you don't mind if I crash in on this thread.
I have just purchased L-O-R V1.5 from yourselves and I have been messing around with it awaiting RS485 converter and availability of the hardware.
I have noticed a problem with a pretty basic / simple animation sequence I have knocked-up.(my 1st)
In the repeat-loops there are spurious flashes of non-active channels. Always the same two channels, in this animation, but not every pass of the loop.
It shows up in both the editor and the animation display.
Also loop level 2 (of 2) does not repeat. I have tried saving, closing the animation, closing L-O-R and restarting the PC, but it still happens!
Any thoughts?
PC Spec is: P4 3Ghz, 1024Mb RAM, Window$ XP Pro.

TIA
Martin

grandad wrote:

[snip]In the repeat-loops there are spurious flashes of non-active channels. Always the same two channels, in this animation, but not every pass of the loop.
It shows up in both the editor and the animation display.
Also loop level 2 (of 2) does not repeat. I have tried saving, closing the animation, closing L-O-R and restarting the PC, but it still happens!
Any thoughts? [snip]
Martin, Please email the .las file to info@lightorama.com and we will take a look at it to see what is happening.

LightORama wrote:

Martin, Please email the .las file to info@lightorama.com and we will take a look at it to see what is happening.

WoW! Dan, what service.
e-mailed .las file and within minutes had a first reply :)
Don't know how you guys do it with all the other stuff you must have to do.

Thanks,
Martin