Light-O-Rama Forums

musical sequence

chicoss

hi all i would like to know what is the easiest way to do a musical sequence is the tapper the best or is there a better way. also how do i pause the song to add or delete some of the channelswhile doing the sequence. i stop the song and add or delete channels then song starts all over again

If you use LOR II, there are other ways to sequence than just the tapper wizard (The beat wizard and the VU Wizard).

To play a range of a sequence, go to PLAY in the toolbar, then select PLAY RANGE. From there, you can either play the visible screen or your selection. The selection function is where you highlight the cells you want played and it stops there regardless of where it starts or stop on the screen.

To add or delete channels, simply move your mouse over to your channels, right click and select the add channels or delete channels function.

You really want the Beat Wizard in LOR II (unless you're doing a slow song, which I wouldn't recommend until you've already done several sequences). I used the beat wizard on a song I already did last year with LOR I to make a new track with events at the beat. The timing was much better than I had done with LOR I, using .05 second events, the tapper wizard, and the waveform view.

If you're using the demo, then you'll have to wait until February to get LOR II and the Beat Wizard, but you can still use the tapper wizard, which is the next best thing.

Because LOR I didn't have the track and copy-and-paste features of LOR II, it was recommended to create all sequences with .05 timing, to avoid the problems of copying from an area with slightly different timing. But you don't need to worry about that at this point, because LOR II is right around the corner!