Light-O-Rama Forums

Running ctb08 in DMX mode

Bill Hoffman

I have several CTB08 V3 and V4 boards.  I've asked several people, and they all give me different answers.  Can I run these boards in DMX mode?

Good question.   just looked at the manual and it makes no mention one way or the other.  If you don't come up with an answer, I can try it with mine this evening.  Just have to take the laptop and spare USB-485 out to the garage where the CTB08 is in service.  Won't be a problem to take it off my evening show for a while - it's only controlling one light...

Thanks, Jim.  I haven't gotten an answer yet, so if it's not a whole lot of problem, I would appreciate it.  I'm just starting to plan this years show, and not quite sure how I am going incorporate the ctb08's this year.  I simply had them controlling normal LOR channels last year, but I am slowly buy surely converting over to pixels and dmx.

I don't think I have anything going on that precludes running the test for you this evening.

I have mine controlling the security light out by the cars.  When I install the lights on the garage, they will also be controlled by the CTB08.  However I expect to replace the controller with one of the new 4 channel Gen3 controllers this year.  For 2016, I'm planning on running EVERYTHING as intensity files from SuperStar, so the two olders controllers gotta go.

Sorry about the late response, my computer completely wacked out.  Thanks for testing and clearing that up, Jim.  That information will help me plan out my display for this year. 

• The topic was locked