V3 verus V4 Look and Feel

mpageler

Have a couple small pixel element to add this year and looking at upgrading to LOR 4 Advance Pro to use  PIxel Editor.   Or stay with LOR 3 and use xlights/nutcracker which I have played with a little.

Being visually impaired, I run larger window font settings and lower screen resolution.  As a result, software upgrades can be troublesome for me.

Would like to know if the look and feel of  ver 4 sequence editor is the same as ver 3?  I'm not a big user of icon but prefer the old fashion text menus. Except for any new funtionally, is everything basically organized the same way from v3 to v4?

I viewed 2 LOR Pixel Editor tutorial videos and like what I saw, even being icon based, but will have to follow up on how it might or might not handle lower screen resolution screen. The issue is screens that don't have right and bottom scoll bars when the page  (because of low resolution) exceeds the screen size. When you're visually impaird, simple increasing you screen resolution is not a viable option or shouldn't have to be.  

The appearance of the sequence editor in S4 is unchanged. There are a lot of improvements and additions, but no visual or functional changes.

Loads large files faster too.

The visualizer is a huge improvement over S3.

Mpageler

Look and feel is the same and you do not need to use any features if you don't want. Text menus is still there and toolbar icons have large initials in them- pretty slick.